• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scratch Build Challenge

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking more and more about how to get into scratch building. I want to do some more stuff but just don't know how to get started.

Figured peer pressure has always got me started other stuff in my life, why not try to get our modelin' peers here pressuring... :Hiay

Let's post up a picture of what you're willing to try and git'er done?

Here's something that I just ran across from the 7th Fighter Command website,

342-FH-3A-42679-65111AC_iwo_men_7th.JPG

Gas engine, chain, lots of stuff you can't see so that's creative license to me. :dance

Another thing i've been thinking of is what they call at work a Scrap Buggy. I'll try and get a picture of one to describe better.

Whacha think? Anyone game?

I'll stand to this- i already have the diagrams made up and i'll give you guys a head start. Lately though my mind has been elsewhere besides buying! lol I'm still making a paint stroke or two every other day on my BMW and those 4 figures! loser...

P1070064.JPG

NO! This ^^^ is not mine, it was posted here earlier in the year on a show in Europe i think...

This is a Russo balt armored car from around the later part of WWI- I like it because there are no compound curves. Yes i have a set of drawings too-AND another set to a variant, thats pretty neato.

Yeah, the drop tank is from a P51. If you're in for that armor car that's cool. I'm thinking things more simple, something not as daunting as a totally scratch build armor car. But whatever you'd like to tackle.

I like it! I'm sure stuff like that was allover the theaters of every war.

To bad we all don't live a bit closer as we could set up a little soap box derby with our funny builds like this! lol

I sent you a PM, the Russo/Balt would not be that terrible of a build- no mechanics, big gun, exposed exhaust- just a bunch of flat pieces cut into shapes. Could make the frame out of sprue.

Hmm det låter som nåt för mig.... :)
Den här är ju ganska lämpad som scratchbygge men jag vet inte om tiden räcker till just nu.
ScaniaVabisSKP02.jpg

A swedish KP armoured car
//Mats

This almost sounds like the gb I suggested where someone makes a napkin drawing and someone else builds it.

Right James but this would be something of your choosing. Really want to do something that will help my scratch building and build confidence to take on something like what Randy is doing. I'm going to sneak out and take a picture of the scrap buggy and post it.

Hmm det låter som nåt för mig.... :)
Den här är ju ganska lämpad som scratchbygge men jag vet inte om tiden räcker till just nu.
ScaniaVabisSKP02.jpg

A swedish KP armoured car
//Mats

Pardon! i guess i wasn't realy awake this morning when i posted, still thinking in swedish!! :D
this is what i said: This is pretty suitable as scratch building, but I do not know if time permits at this time.

//Mats

I noticed, didn't know if you were talking to someone else, it was too early for me to think about google translate :mpup

So is this what you're going to do?

if it is a long campaign, that doesn't start to soon then i will give it a try :)
//Mats

Ok i'm in, if someone can learn something from my plastic chaos, then it's wonderful :D
//Mats

I think it is a great idea!

Yep have a lot of ideas floating in my head ................................ :hmmm

Sherman,
How do you get ideas to float my ideas usually sink like a rock!!!!! :gogo
MP,
I like the idea of a classroom.

Back