• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lavochkin La-5FN 1/72

Flyingbabydoc

Hello everyone,

Quick entry whilst there is still time. This will be an OOB, the Lavochkin La-5FN from Revell in 1/72. I will go with the aircraft of Lt. Dmitriev "White 04" from the 4. GvIAP in the air Forces of the Baltic Fleet Summer 1943.

Camouflage will be AMT-4 (olive green), AMT-6 (Black) and AMT-7 (pale blue) underneath. The red stars are still the "old" ones from the beginning of WWII. Decals from Print Scale.

Cheers

Alex

h31f5cfe.JPG

haa1ac01.JPG

h0a287a3.JPG

Hi everyone

So I finally got around to work on this Project. It was so Basic that I cannibalized a PE set intended for the La-7 and used to bring about some Details which were common to both planes.

Sorry for the Quality of the Pictures somehow my camera is not working well.

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Alex

h7d1baeb.JPG

hf43f6c8.JPG

h51851d6.JPG

h77d4810.JPG

h276fd8b.JPG

h1c53699.JPG

I like it.
Also,. I think that you are so excited at how well this is looking that you just can't keep the camera still! LOL! :woohoo: (y) :D

Keep it coming Alex, you're doing an exceptional job.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the encouragement.

I am really excited. It is a shame that I am not able to be in the Forum longer, see all your great work. I barely scratch a few minutes of the day to post some update on my threads...

Vis-a-vis update, here is a bit of work in the La-5. It is really a very Basic kit but coming along nicely. The fine glue stuff is worth the Asthma!

Cheers everyone

Alex

h276fd8b_2018-05-09.JPG

h1c53699_2018-05-09.JPG

h71211fe.JPG

h4a01fb2.JPG

he15d2af.JPG

Hello everyone,

And here is the Progress. All camouflaged in AMT-4 (green) and AMT-6 (Black). Satin varnish and waiting for the decals.

Cheers

Alex

h191d45a.JPG

h091178b.JPG

h5f3be33.JPG

hfaf470c.JPG

h860f374.JPG

Thank you so much dear friends.

Indeed it is coming along well. Here is the Progress, decals are in. Now on to weathering, where I generally screw things up. But let's see. Less is more, that is my Motto.

Cheers

Alex

h11e12cc.JPG

h88b701b.JPG

h67446b2.JPG

h978303c.JPG

he2c278f.JPG

Looking nice Alex. Those colors really pop!
I hear you on the weathering. That is where I struggle as well. I guess we need to just keep practicing!
:drinks

Nicely done Alex! That is one extra step you take that I don't. I have no idea how to weather aircraft so I just don't. I commend you on your persistence in learning how.

Back