• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/48 Scale 1930 Packard Victoria

Swordsman

From the "V" radiator shelf to the long hood and plush folding top, the 1930 Packard Victoria was a car that any man might covet. The Dietrich body was styled in the grand tradition of custom bodied classics. The 1930 Packard fulfilled the American motorist's dream with speeds approaching 100 miles per hour. Performance and handling were superb with a 4-speed synchromesh transmission and the famous Packard 8 chassis. :woohoo: ... I'll do this one for the ribbon ...

h8b3b418.jpg

Well fellows, I found this old build, this one never really got started, You see My home life really jumped on My builds, I've been thru the ringer. So much has happened. worst was My Mom passing after taking care of Her for about a year, she was in a rest home and couldn't eat so Me and My brothers took turns feeding Her and staying with her. Her passing was a Blessing, as she had dementia, She was 92 and had lived a good life, From Rosie the riveter to being a great mother. She passed on Aug 24 last year, we interred Her at Arlington National Cemetery DFW on Her birthday Sept 20, 2019. after that my Step father passed & My Sister - In -Law add to that about seven other friends & cousins. I'm worn out, and need rest. I'm working on getting back into this modeling, The Doctors think I've had a heart attack, I don't remember anything like that, But I passed the Sonograms on my caroitic arteries .... the stress test is where they think I may have had a attack. We will know next week when they cat-scan my heart. like I say been thru the ringer .... I'm trying to rest and get my stress levels down ... hence modeling will be started again .... the Hobby shop will have to be on the back burner, by appointment only .... So I'll dig this model out first, Don't worry about Me I'll make it .... :choppa Door Gunner Out ....

Emotional spiral for sure Gerry. Hopefully the turbulence will smooth out for a while so you can get your bearings realigned and everything settled back in again.

Enjoy your time at the bench, you've more than earned it.

That must be old classic kit of a classic car. Sorry to hear about the all the stuff your going though but door gunners are tough. BTW when and where were you a gunner? I was a crew chief on cobras and flew as a door gunner on hueys with 3/4 Cav. 69-71. Dinky Dao!! Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

That must be old classic kit of a classic car. Sorry to hear about the all the stuff your going though but door gunners are tough. BTW when and where were you a gunner? I was a crew chief on cobras and flew as a door gunner on hueys with 3/4 Cav. 69-71. Dinky Dao!! Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

I'm in a Model Railroad, club called the Texas Outlaws On30, So I need some 1/48 autos for my Module, So I bought these old kits off of eBay, Check Us out on IO.Groups .... also I'm building a Shay for My logging business ....

I'm Door Gunner in Name only Chris, but If I'd been riding in a Huey as a Door Gunner .... I'd been the best .... Naw I'm in the SCV Mechanized Cavalry and my Road name is Door Gunner .... cause I ride in a Military Blazer .... in the Door Gunner (In Texas Shotgun) Position. It's been a hard road lately I just thought I'd check in .... Get back to the bench .... and finish something before I can't anymore ....

h43f4366.jpg

Emotional spiral for sure Gerry. Hopefully the turbulence will smooth out for a while so you can get your bearings realigned and everything settled back in again.

Enjoy your time at the bench, you've more than earned it.

Thanks Helios, "What long strange trip its been", Well all this stuff had happened, I thought it was over then the heart stuff last Thursday .... I'll make it I'm sure, I was in the Train room 10' X 10' Man Cave (Bench is there). I have a new $60 glass lens lighted magnifying lamp ..... I forgot I bought that ... wow I got to get to it, a customer bought Me a train to fix .... Must get on it .... :train

Back