• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram 1/48th P-51 B/C

centaur567

ha59eb93.JPG

he5c1911.JPG

h3e018f6_2017-12-10.JPG

h894ae90.JPG

h2ea76b6.JPG

Haven't decided on the markings yet. Was going to be a Red Tail. I have some very old Shangrala decals. Opend the ventral ducts and drilled out the exhaust. Basic detail painting of cockpit. Gary S.

h999f70d.JPG

h0601bde.JPG

The back of the scoop vents were opened up. The kit stock canopy was messed up so I'm going to use the Malcom Hood. The stock canopy masks a good mask for painting. Gary S.

If you don't mind waiting a bit, I can send you fresher decals ;) I usually have a bunch left over as I only build sharkmouth and small air forces now.

Regards,

Thanks Saul. It will be a while before I'm ready for any decals as the weather is not cooperating, lack of time and since we moved to a new house my paint area has not been tried yet. Gary S.

Thanks Saul. It will be a while before I'm ready for any decals as the weather is not cooperating, lack of time and since we moved to a new house my paint area has not been tried yet. Gary S.

Oh, I am not rushing you. Simply offering you fresher decals than those in the kit. I can spare the sheet from My Accurate Miniatures P-51C or scheme one (which has a Malcom hood like yours) of the famous 'Salem Representative.'

I will add better Tamiya national markings as well. I won't make you hate me by mentioning the ICM decals from this kit (unless you want them):

ICM48125P51B00.jpg

Scheme 1:
LifeLikeDecals48023e.jpg

LifeLikeDecals48023d.jpg

Regards,

Thanks Saul, The Salem Rep. markings would be perfect. Those are the ones that came with the kit and they are ancient. Do you still have my address? Thanks, Gary S.

Back