• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

REVELL P-47M IN 1/72

iambrb

Ok so here is a place holder - neener-neener!

h7b59d6b.JPG

hbe269db.JPG

Ok, so here is my Bona-fide pics to show I have not started

h1a7cc63.JPG

h29a7ea3.JPG

Note that unlike the Airfix Kate I am building, this does not go together nearly as well! there is also a TON of Flash! (note around the seat and instrument panel)

h279c418.JPG

hey, don't confuse a ton of flas with Quaterflash. that is a band from the 80's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqeKV2UYq1Q

I forgot to take pics of the interior, but the interior was pretty basic, with very little of it all showing when she was all sealed up. I am doing it cockpit cl0sed too, so really not much to see. What you see there took a bit to get together, and a LOT of sanding, as the two halves aligned left a distinct and noticeable 'ridge'. Another thing is that knucklehead me (this was totally me too) I forgot to install the radio antennae, I will have to figger that one out at the end

hcf4e6e1.JPG

h3824b45.JPG

So not too bad, I can have her ready to prime soon enough!

I forgot to take pics of the interior, but the interior was pretty basic, with very little of it all showing when she was all sealed up. I am doing it cockpit cl0sed too, so really not much to see. What you see there took a bit to get together, and a LOT of sanding, as the two halves aligned left a distinct and noticeable 'ridge'. Another thing is that knucklehead me (this was totally me too) I forgot to install the radio antennae, I will have to figger that one out at the end

hcf4e6e1.JPG

h3824b45.JPG

So not too bad, I can have her ready to prime soon enough!

I haven't heard from you since I gassed ya. :stinker

Looks good, which one you going with?

[/quote]

I haven't heard from you since I gassed ya. [/quote]

Took me a few days to get out of the iron lung, doing better now tho' :pinch:

Ok so here it is at present, needing only clear-coat, weathering, and final assembly! I have made about every mistake possible with the Alclad, yet despite my "best efforts" It is coming out surprisingly nice! I did not know that after applying Alclad, you have to apply clear-coat to seal it, and thinking that Aclad Dullcote is the same as Tamiya Clearcoat was a real goof up!

So that is the reason you see multiple shades on the Alclad. At any rate, it is still exceeding my expectations, simply because I am able to continue with it despite the mistakes! After this one I have another BMF finish aircraft in the cue, so this is a lesson learner...and yes Iron Mike (an others) I am having FUN!

h22ef33b.JPG

h65ec748.JPG

he39c8f8.JPG

Back