• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35th D7 Dozer

randy_ditton

Master at Arms
Hi Folks,

This is the same kit that Moon Pup is building. Mine will be a yellow civilian dozer. Putting it on a small base depicting a dozer that has been sitting out back of a business for a lot of years but getting some attention.
Added an electric start for the pony motor and some extra details....

IMG_1554_zpskcp34ew0.jpg

IMG_1755_zpsoyvxr9t7.jpg

IMG_1568_zpsoyqupmbh.jpg

IMG_153320-20Copy_zps6e9evnv6.jpg

IMG_1570_zpslwt90lii.jpg

146fe7ab-95db-494f-baa6-f7086898126e_zps26rer8fu.jpg

IMG_1734_zpsryvgw3fa.jpg

IMG_1784_zpssgiatya4.jpg

IMG_1774_zpszxh7q2yj.jpg

IMG_1775_zpsstnjuqlw.jpg

IMG_1772_zpslkpemdxq.jpg

IMG_1785_zpsq3z19pnk.jpg

IMG_1778_zpsup5eov3g.jpg

IMG_1770_zps45j0yuof.jpg

Still not done, more to come next week I hope.

Randy

:eek:hmy: Now that looks real good Randy!! If I didn't know any better, that last pic is very realistic!! The last few (4-5 pics) remind me of my uncle's shop some yrs back! (y) (y)

Good lord! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Sparkplugs rock, everything does! Really, those shots look like reference shots. :notworthy

his reminds me of the old commercial " is it real or Memorex" My god man is all I can say .......this is absolutely stunning. It is not often that a model can be used as reference :ro: :ro: :ro:

Hi Folks,

Thanks to Ed, Gerry, MP, Mike, Tony and 135eng. for the kind remarks :dude :dude

Not much progress, put a fig into the scene to check that everything is looking 'scale'

Don't think I will have any figs in the final product but if I found the right civy that would look right in my time frame, 70's-80's, maybe.....

IMG_179020-20Copy_zps1xvqrhjr.jpg

IMG_179520-20Copy_zpswjk9quei.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Randy

thank you Mike !

Glad you like it so far James :) :)

Pup, Pretty much out of the box on the pulleys, here is a close up. This is painted with a wash of brownish red ink, Has not been chipped and grimed up yet...

IMG_1798_zpsjohrlykh.jpg

Randy

thank you Mike !

Glad you like it so far James :) :)

Pup, Pretty much out of the box on the pulleys, here is a close up. This is painted with a wash of brownish red ink, Has not been chipped and grimed up yet...

IMG_1798_zpsjohrlykh.jpg

Randy

Totally Fantastic work! I'd say that wash really makes the detail "Pop"out at ya!! (y) (y)

Randy,

It is fantastic! I love it!

Somehow making destroyed or dilapidated vehicles are always the most satisfying builds for me. They just have a much more realistic appearance than do pristine, direct from the factory models do, and you nailed that look!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Back