• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bolton Paul Defiant Mk. I in 1/72

Flyingbabydoc

This is my entry for the campaign. I wanted to do a big Diorama of the Battle of Britain but that will be maybe another entry. For now, I will Keep it simple.

This is an Airfix 1/72 BP Defiant Mk.I from the 141. Squadron. PE interior, exterior and Flaps are from an Eduard set, Decals from Printscale.

This is the Progress so far. Lots of PE work.

Cheers

Alex

h10a6f94.JPG

h0ceeb74.JPG

h140cf21.JPG

he472e8b.JPG

h495a728.JPG

h0f1a06e.JPG

hede5b38.JPG

hbe212b2.JPG

h71e80b5.JPG

hecc2f51.JPG

hbbc5ba3.JPG

h3ad1bff.JPG

hfb0e3a7.JPG

h8a06dbd.JPG

I'm liking this so far . Looking good Alex except for that piece running through the wheel well .

The gear will remove it during the first takeoff . Tuck it out of the way .

Cheers, Christian B)

Fala Alex!...tá sumido hein :D

Belo trabalho com photoetcheds, gostei e acompanhando :popcorn.., em tempo, quando tiveres tempo dá uma olhada num King Tiger que eu acabei de postar aqui no nosso forum...o modelo está na Campanha do Royal Tiger...

Aquele abraço!

Luiz.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome back!

Much appreciated. This plane is really weird. I looked at some diagrams and that cable on the wheel housing is really like it is depicted. apparently it is only a cable that would fit with the landing gear when retracted, and remain somewhat "dangling" when the wheel was down.

This is from the Hendon RAF Museum:

h6b9ee1d.jpg

As for the plane, it is progressing well. Hopefully I will be able to get some more work done during the Weekend. And see some of your models here (nao esqueci do King Tiger Luis, so nao tive tempo mesmo!)

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Alex

hb328656.JPG

hc48fbd0.JPG

hcfd74c6.JPG

h286915f.JPG

hea95ac2.JPG

h1f4fe9c.JPG

h14195a1.JPG

h81d0274.JPG

ha30c79b.JPG

That does seem strange. Can't really say that the museum birds are necessarily in flight ready condition .

Looking good Alex . Glad to see you have found more time to model (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

That is correct, but since it was on the instructions and in the Museum bird I am assuming they knew what they were doing...

although if you look at some British planes from that era (Fairey Battle, AW Whitley, HP Hampden) maybe not so much... :evil:

The main assembly is ready. Everything fit well including the flaps, which is new to me.

Now on to painting which is usually where I screw everything up.

Question for all of you masters out there: what do you use to get the gloss coat before the decals and to get the matt coat afterwards? I have been trying so many things, nothing seems to work well.

Thanks and cheers,

Alex

h30c98aa.JPG

heccad96.JPG

h8a915e9.JPG

ha6f203b.JPG

h116124d.JPG

Sensational improvement Alex! Nice work!

My choices for clear are: Future Floor polish; Krylon Clear in a spray bomb, or Testor's Glosscote in a spray bomb. It depends on how lazy I'm being at the time.

Hey guys

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Unfortunately sprays are out of the question (until Paul visits me in Germany and helps me build an exhaust Ventilation thingy). I will look into the Humbrol and Testor coats, hopefully they can be applied with a brush. I have been using Revell and it is a soapy mess.

It's been really hard to get some time on the bench. I am sorry to you all if I haven't been following and commenting on your Projects. Hopefully 2019 will be less hectic.

In any case, the Defiant is now painted and ready for decals.

Cheers,

Alex

h96fc268.JPG

h6b3da0d.JPG

he855afa.JPG

h097959b.JPG

h5e8f77e.JPG

hdc1b4fa.JPG

Looking great so far. Are you gonna go over the tan again to make it more solid? I'm looking forward to seeing more Alex, you're doing great!

Back