• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hawker Typhoon IB by Airfix

iambrb

So this is my placeholder only on this! have been looking for an excuse to build this model! If others wanna (is too a word) build this than hey fine by me, just letting y'all know I intend to hop in and have fun with this 1/72 scale kit of a favorite plane from a favorite manufacturer!

h24e3e6f.jpg

I think you'll enjoy the kit. If you remember, I built it for the 2016 Micro Modeler Month campaign.

Cheers,
Rich

So here I am opening the kit and showing my proof that I have not started. Note my supervisor int hat one pic. He is alot more lethargic now, but still hanging in there......

ha0e63dd.JPG

hdaebe08.JPG

2nd pic, showing the beginning of "The Blue Blanket Wars", or a standard Saturday here at the house. Note that the Gray one is looking to me for a ruling:

h3898e14.JPG

So have been quite busy as of late, with work and some 'storm of life' (pets) but have managed a start on this. Man this thing goes together pretty well! I have decided to do this in flight (mostly because I never see it done this way). So here is where she currently sits. Notice that I have to get a bit of putty or Mr. Surfacer (which is better?) into one wing root, otherwise just a touch up or two left, then it is on to paint!

h787804b.JPG

h949f9a8.JPG

hb609d52.JPG

Back