• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1918 - 2018 The RAF

So could we do an RAF...oh I get it.. :rotf

I'm in. :pilot

Remember, the RAF had/has rescue boats as well. I got a picture of the one outside at Hendon but it's not very good.

For those with an aversion to winged things, there a plenty of things with wheels and tracks that operated under RAF colours. Ambulances, fire tenders, bowsers, various utility vehicles, the Armoured Car Companies in the Middle East in the 1920's and 30's and the Rock Apes (also known as the RAF Regiment).

For floater fans, there was the RAF Marine Branch with its sea plane tenders, rescue launches and high-speed target tugs.

Cheers,
Rich

F the Armoured Car Companies in the Middle East in the 1920's and 30's and the Rock Apes (also known as the RAF Regiment).

Cheers,
Rich

That's news to me, don't recall seeing anything about that at Hendon. Will check into it, gotta be interesting stories there.

They even had armored cars:
RAF%2BSDKFZ%2B222.jpg

Regards,

They even had a captured Kubelwagen in the desert. On the back you can see the outside of a huge painted British roundel to make sure somebody does not shoot them
h42324fc.JPG

I did get a picture of something, unsure what it is.

vJqgKIMUGVltl0_NRvs29LSBlQ_iBk_TOQPwgRIUP9nm2ff-u3XqRoZDAum-k_nrjVc9JWMtsMNTA5ftpzuon4_ICHMIO-862CqRNCk30TG0CWIgZs-bA8f13xMKZdCJgEc8V8Qflaj1yMZQG2Cnz5tCOpz1e2tRbY_tZ6D4UzKXVd9kyQ0mHi752KEz7DoMkdrG346WyLVpjm6zTB1_8PeuEPjTLAbgj6dzCt8cJsZOGlpsUhpoYzfm20N3w0fL9cLXOs7DIVF9nM4JD-FseuyrdYs_QTLShSjSO_PlSu-jEMfKQYMYUNakjZWMLx0sTu-HOPXEo4KighzcjWyUBr8fm-1-MUXTYYT65A74gK_jEb_4ZdL9P1T8uX_XwAICGTG0qR9XwOmk5vesvfJqnP2PJBuyQgX4su7NviBUZDI9teQRmPNyk1AgnQT2B6t6C-qGxXloJEhZCS7wIA2Qisy3-4oR6eNZ9Yg-XDP0NCsrdRZVOR0X8nDJNLOe9Mv8rTY61MZZCKH8uFhzouuNQ2BlGApd_JeP3mNMgabxlkGbZLeEiNGZ2qRKbRUq1RiJLVVbgz95V5uMqfPzeEzEXpjHhczV7gM7I24VxF4=w900-h675-no

Trying hot link to Google, you see a photo?

Well since the anniversary is April 1, and it's March 31, by the time I get a poll up it'll be here so let's kick it off.

I'll have the forum created later this evening.

h800258d_2018-03-31.jpg

Wait, now I've got to make one of those decision things AND a model.... :frantic

Ian.

Thanks Rich

...and we have a new Campaign.. Dust of those wings, polish up the RAF Banter and get busy. :pilot

"Cabbage crates coming over the briny!!?"

Back