• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mickey Thompson's Challenger I 1/25 Revell

Swordsman

I have decided to build the following vehicle for my build ..... :eek:ldguy

h49d505f_2015-05-01.jpg

In September of 1960, Mickey Thompson became the first American to go faster than 400 mph (644 km/h) on land. His quad V-8 powered Challenger I topped out at 406.6 mph (653 km/h) at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Mickey designed racers, set trends, beat records and won competitions in everything from drag racing to the Indianapolis 500 for sixty years.

Kit features:
[ul]
[li]parts molded in white resin[/li]
[li]four V-8 engines with transmissions[/li]
[li]detailed tube chassis[/li]
[li]removable body panels[/li]
[li]rear parachute tube[/li]
[li]soft black tires [/li]
[li]Mickey Thompson figure[/li]
[/ul]

Go Mickey Go ..... Oh I forgot kit is made by Revell/Monogram and is 1/25 ...... :eek:ldguy

My Pro Racing ...choice ... Challenger I

Just keep those Ork engineers away from this one or it will end up red with racing stripes :D

Thanks Jeff ..... I appreciate all the help I can get ..... :eek:ldguy

Ok I ordered the challenger I last night I think ..... Should be Here soon .... :eek:ldguy

I have decided to build the following vehicle for my build ..... :eek:ldguy

h49d505f_2015-05-01.jpg

In September of 1960, Mickey Thompson became the first American to go faster than 400 mph (644 km/h) on land. His quad V-8 powered Challenger I topped out at 406.6 mph (653 km/h) at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Mickey designed racers, set trends, beat records and won competitions in everything from drag racing to the Indianapolis 500 for sixty years.

Kit features:
[ul]
[li]parts molded in white resin[/li]
[li]four V-8 engines with transmissions[/li]
[li]detailed tube chassis[/li]
[li]removable body panels[/li]
[li]rear parachute tube[/li]
[li]soft black tires [/li]
[li]Mickey Thompson figure[/li]
[/ul]

Go Mickey Go ..... Oh I forgot kit is made by Revell/Monogram and is 1/25 ...... :eek:ldguy

Thought I'd bump this up .... Checked Bank Account ... Squadron shipped today ..... My have to go to the shop ..... on my day Off to pick this up ..... :frantic

Thanks Luiz ..... I can't wait for this one ..... to get Here ...

Okay the Challenger has landed ..... Squadron ships very quickly when your this close to them ..... Ordered weds night & Here all ready ..... Nice Kit lots of Parts thought & I found one missing so far ..... :eek:ldguy

h57df629.JPG

he7249a4.JPG

Officially ...... It's On Liky Donkey-Kong !!!

h7a29578.JPG

h41359b8.JPG

Some Eye Candy !!! . ........................... :skipper

haa8a0cd.JPG

First thing out of the Box ...... Missing one part ....... :( ... :soldier

h86115e3.JPG

I'll contact Revell ....... :bat :eek:ldguy :bat

hf3321bd.JPG

Lots Of Parts ..... :eek:ldguy

h0726d49.JPG

I'll be getting on this tonight going to a Cancer Surviver dinner tonight ...... then I've got the walk next weekend ..... :eek:ldguy

Gladta see it came in :eek:ldguy !! Looks real good thar Gerry!! :woohoo: B) So, have ya checked the destructions to see if there are indeed 8 of those pieces & checkta see if it may be floating loose in the bag? :idonno

1st thing I did as You have to e-Mail Revell .... and when they answer is debatable .... Ed I didn't have to check the destructions ... (Simole Math) ... these are the Blower halves takes 2 to do 1 motor .... I'm doing four motors. the motors are going to be Gun Metal ...... I was thinking Tru-Blue though ....

had97152.JPG

h3cb6bf7.JPG

hfd0db0a.JPG

h4b0412f.JPG

h8d7000a.JPG

Small progress four motors ready for Heads ..... did you notice the detail on this I may have to do one of these with the motors being worked on ...... :eek:ldguy

Nice detailon them motors! B) Yeah, you'll hear back from them soon... :drinks

Thanks Ed .... I'll e-Mail them today to see if I can get some movement starting ..... :eek:ldguy :stinker

Update time ..........

h8d30d75.JPG

Motors ..... :eek:ldguy

h6c377ba.JPG

Trannies ............ :skipper

hb2d39f1.JPG

Tannies & Bell housing ............. :eek:ldguy

h52a8820.JPG

Here they are ... Together ... Will be just alittle sanding & filling required ..... :soldier

h8fba013.JPG

Working on the Blowers ............. I can only do three .... since there was a part missing .... But since it's on top I might be able to stall the last motor ...... We'll ... :skipper

Nice start thar Gerry! (y) Iffin' nuthin' else, do aup a couple figgers and do a dio of them working on it... :hmmm

Back