• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WTB: Revell (Renwal) USS Springfield (CLG/CG-7)

helios

It's a bit of a long shot, as the kit has been discontinued for a long time. My dad actually had one of these kits at one time, but it got thrown away either after the flood or in the process of moving to Tennessee a few years ago. Had I known I was going to get back into modeling I would've pestered him for it years ago. :laugh:

He served on that ship in the late '60s, early '70s before going to subs (SSN-675 USS Bluefish).

Haven't checked...I'm not sure my skills are up to snuff for the amount of scratch building that would likely be required to convert. But that may very well end up being my only option. I know at a minimum the entire aft decks were reworked plus I would imagine a lot of the tower structure to facilitate all the new electronic equipment required for the missile systems.

The CLG-7 was actually a Providence-class Guided Missile Cruiser. The Cleveland class CL-66 underwent retrofits around 1960 to become one of 3 Providence class missile cruisers (CLG-6, 7 & 8).

Back