• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Ju88 G1/G10 fuselage plug

Would anyone out there have one of these they are not going to use I could scrounge off of them? :D
:drinks

I for one would have a better idea if I had a picture or drawing or kit reference for this item :pinch:

The JU 88 had many modifications done to it.

I'm sorry, I should have said fuselage extension, it is sprue K in the G1/G10 kit. If any one has, or is planing to build either a G-1 or G-6 out of the kit those parts won't be needed, and I have a "plan" :captain

Actually thinking of a whiffer mistel project using a JU188 and either an A-8, D-9 or Ta 152 C or H as a torpedo carrying parasite fighter. I do have one fuselage extension, but I would also like to move the cockpit forward and it would be much less difficult to accomplish if I had another one.

Lack of resources, limited access to materials, that sort of nonsense. Actually I'm not really sure what it would cost to buy the stuff to do it with, but to my mind the quick and cheapest fix is if someone has the part they are not going to use. Another option is to use an unused cockpit section, but that would be a bit of work.
I could also use a rear fuselage section, built or unbuilt, if any one has a junker kit .

I agree with that . Got to realize though that I pretty much think in 1/72 which does not require as much of anything.

My other thought was to find another kit cheap and section it but that would cause more work. :frantic

The best option would be a donation of some sort.

Cheers, Christian B)

While I have a couple of those kits in the stash, I can't send the part as it isn't an "extra" part yet. Also the front add on I believe wasn't as long as the rear section.

One thing you might consider is to make it from some styrene sheet. Make a frame and then cover it in strips rather than in curved larger parts. If done in a couple of layers it should be fairly strong and you can sand it smooth and to shape. Also the sides won't tend to curve in in the center as it would with a larger curved piece.

Sorry can't help. :blush:

Thanks guys and no worries :D I was thinking about doing that, I do have a number of references for the 88 family so I think I can come close to the right length.
:drinks

Back