• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WTB MP Models conversions

The Zod

Probably a long shot but................ I am looking to buy two or three of the old MP Models M4/M4A3 conversions.

Probably a long shot but................ I am looking to buy two or three of the old MP Models M4/M4A3 conversions.

It is a long shot indeed but, having had one, I guarantee that you can make the conversions yourself. At the time they came out, only the older Tamiya M4A3 Sherman was available (the conversions are all designed for this kit). Cross kitting Tamiya's M4 Early and their M4A3 will be cheaper than finding the conversion and give you loads of spares.

Regards,

It is a long shot indeed but, having had one, I guarantee that you can make the conversions yourself. At the time they came out, only the older Tamiya M4A3 Sherman was available (the conversions are all designed for this kit). Cross kitting Tamiya's M4 Early and their M4A3 will be cheaper than finding the conversion and give you loads of spares.

Regards,
Thanks for that idea Saul. It's just after I looked over that M4A4 conversion from them, I had forgotten how well detailed they were for something going back to 1990. Besides.I suck at doing weld beads. I will never understand why Tamiya did not have raised weld beads on their M4 and M4A3 kits. Along with some other makers. :bang head :angry:

Regards,
Thanks for that idea Saul. It's just after I looked over that M4A4 conversion from them, I had forgotten how well detailed they were for something going back to 1990. Besides.I suck at doing weld beads. I will never understand why Tamiya did not have raised weld beads on their M4 and M4A3 kits. Along with some other makers. :bang head :angry:

Zod do not let that stop you! Mr T has shown on a number of threads how he uses solder. I use to use A & B putty for welds. That was easy on the Tamiya Shermans. I would mix the putty 50 50 roll out small ribbons in my hand. Then press the putty on to the area for the weld. To get the bead look I just took the hobby knife and made lines close together across the putty. If there was to much putty after that I would just trim it off before it dried. I started to use styrene strip/rod soaked in liquid cement not to long ago. I like it better for a number reasons, one it dries a lot faster, (easier to correct that night and I almost always seemed to squeeze the soft putty some way with a finger) the width looks more factory.

Back