• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman in Sicily decals needed.

The Zod

I know I am probably looking for the needle in a haystack,but............. Does anyone have any decals of an M4A1 of markings used in Sicily? Something like this.

http://www.tasca-modellismo.com/seihin/m4a1m3vvss/m4a1m3vvss-decal.gif I would also need decal placement instructions if you could take photos and send them to me. I have a Tasca Sherman II (M4A1) that was given to me as a gift,and I would like to convert it into a US Army version.

The decal you linked to (froma limited edition set) is of Eternity T which was in North Africa in 1942.

Compare to these images which I have verified are from the preparations for "Operation Husky" (note the national insignia, camouflage, tank numbers, tank names):

hd2ba4c6.jpg

Finish-Em.jpg

However, normal production kit 35-010 has markings for 2nd Armored Division, 67th Armored Regiment, 3rd Battalion, HQ in Sicily, July 1943. It does have the later bogies though.
1163_2_tas35-010_7.jpg

I have the above kit and will not be using the decals.

Regards,

The decal you linked to (froma limited edition set) is of Eternity T which was in North Africa in 1942.

Compare to these images which I have verified are from the preparations for "Operation Husky" (note the national insignia, camouflage, tank numbers, tank names):
vehicle_sherman22.jpg

Finish-Em.jpg

However, normal production kit 35-010 has markings for 2nd Armored Division, 67th Armored Regiment, 3rd Battalion, HQ in Sicily, July 1943. It does have the later bogies though.
1163_2_tas35-010_7.jpg

I have the above kit and will not be using the decals.

Regards,
Thanks for the info Saul. I was also going by the old Squadron Signal book on Eternity, It said Sicily,July 1943 :idonno I'll gladly take the decals off your hands.Please let me know what you want from them. I can always use them on the late 90's DML M4A1. :v

Back