• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale, 48th Scale, Spring 2018

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Well, I did look into one box labeled Sukhoi. What did I find to spare? Two bagged kits.

Zhendengfu Su-30MK (paid $10USD)

Mini Hobby Model Su-27 (paid $10USD)

The kits are poor copies of the Academy Su-27. By this I mean sharp edges are rounded, no photo-etched details (such as the screens) and worse fit than the original. They are complete minus the Sorbitsya pods. $10 for both bagged kits and I will include leftover aftermarket decals (why must I buy a complete sheet for only one or two shark mouth schemes?). I also saw some leftover blue Academy parts which were probably replaced with resin or scratch. This includes the wheels, cockpit,

Some people can make a nice kit out of it, but I don't want to put that kind of effort with the stash I have...
Mini Hobby Model:
http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=138236

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5/4801-4900/gal4886_Su-30_Nizam/00.shtm

A look at the Zhendefu/Kitech/Trumpeter kit:
http://fighters.forumactif.com/t10717-kitech-su-27-flanker-b?highlight=flanker

Anyway... there is another box labeled MiG to look at. After that, a box listed as 1/48th.

Regards,

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 21 '13

Remember, these are bagged kits.

Found another Sukhoi, an OEZ Letograd Su-7 BMK/BKL (now sold by KP Models and reboxed by Eduard with Brassin). If you have the Eduard kit, I will trade this for the sharkmouth scheme from the decal sheet.

Or, $10USD to buy the kit.

I then found some Fishbeds. Again, from OEZ. Also, $10USD.

Revell's MiG-21PF and AA Models F-7E are both $10USD. New decals from Academy are included.

If buying more than one, we can work something out.

Regards,

Saul just close yer eyes, spin around and then still blind touch one of those Rubbermaid containers you keep yer kits in, dont open it but wrap it with duct tape and sell it as a grab lot for 60 bucks, then do it again. :fencing

Saul just close yer eyes, spin around and then still blind touch one of those Rubbermaid containers you keep yer kits in, dont open it but wrap it with duct tape and sell it as a grab lot for 60 bucks, then do it again.

I can't do that, but it seems you and my wife have the same suggestion.

Looking in one of the bins, I found I still had one left over Academy MiG-29, two Italeri mold (one is a Bilek bag kit) of the MiG-29 in 72nd scale with LOADS of PE and resin left over form the commision builds. I am now comparing the work on the started Academy kit with details to the Great Wall Hobby MiG-29. The latter blows it away for sure!

I will try to get some photographs up of the aforementioned kits for sale. No, the Fulcrums are not for sale.

Regards,

Updated the list and removed some items.

After getting an email from some manufacturers, it seems I won't be seeing new tool Sukhois in the near future so I am taking the Su-7 off the market immediately.

Remember, these are bagged kits. If you need photographs of the contents, let me know.

I found some Fishbeds from OEZ. Two are offered. They build into MF/bis/SMT variants. Each is $10USD.

Revell's MiG-21PF and AA Models F-7E are $10USD for both. New decals from Academy are included. Note that the AA F-7 (Chinese modified MiG-21) is heavily inspired by Academy's Fishbed kits so details designed for the Korean kit fit the Chinese one.

Zhendengfu Su-30MK (paid $10USD)

Mini Hobby Model Su-27 (paid $10USD)

The kits are poor copies of the Academy Su-27. By this I mean sharp edges are rounded, no photo-etched details (such as the screens) and worse fit than the original. They are complete minus the Sorbitsya pods. $10 for both bagged kits and I will include leftover aftermarket decals (why must I buy a complete sheet for only one or two shark mouth schemes?). I also saw some leftover blue Academy parts which were probably replaced with resin or scratch. This includes the wheels, cockpit, and other bits.

If not one takes the Flanker clones by Saturday, July 27th, 2013, they will also be removed from the offer and given to my son. I will keep the leftover resin wheels, cockpit, and PE (designed for the Academy kit) for a future kit.

Some people can make a nice kit out of these clones, but I don't want to put that kind of effort with the stash I have...
Mini Hobby Model:
http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=138236

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5/4801-4900/gal4886_Su-30_Nizam/00.shtm

A look at the Zhendefu/Kitech/Trumpeter kit:
http://fighters.forumactif.com/t10717-kitech-su-27-flanker-b?highlight=flanker

Regards,

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 26 '13

Where is the 'this thread is useless without pics' emoticon I've seen you post before Saul?

:rotf

Updated the list and removed some items.

Remember, these are bagged kits. If you need photographs of the contents, let me know.

I found some Fishbeds from OEZ. Two are offered. They build into MF/bis/SMT variants. Each is $10USD. I'm doing an inventory of my MiG-21 kits and MAY have some Eduard PE for them.

Revell's MiG-21PF and AA Models F-7E are $10USD for both. New decals from Academy are included. Note that the AA F-7 (Chinese modified MiG-21) is heavily inspired by Academy's Fishbed kits so details designed for the Korean kit fit the Chinese one.

Regards,

My son tells me the models would be too large to hang from the ceiling... I guess he doesn't want them!

Following Ken's advice, here they are again with photographs:

Kitech Su-30MKK kit, complete with decals and instructions (no box).
4sale252520001.JPG

4sale252520002.JPG

Bags still sealed...
4sale252520003.JPG

4sale252520004.JPG

Decals and clear pieces...
4sale252520005.JPG

Close up showing that the cockpit opening is off center...
4sale252520006.JPG

Zhengdefu... note loose parts which are all accounted for...
4sale252520007.JPG

4sale252520008.JPG

4sale252520009.JPG

4sale252520010.JPG

Sorbitsya pods have been removed from the otherwise intact sprue...
4sale252520011.JPG

4sale252520012.JPG

4sale252520013.JPG

While the decal sheet has the side louvers on them, they are actually scribed into the intake trunk sides.

$10USD for both (shipping at cost).

Should you buy from another sale, I will include some relevant bits (leftover Hi-Decals, Academy parts left over since anything designed for the Academy Sukhoi fits these kits).

Photographs of the following will be posted later tonight.
Fishbeds from OEZ. Two are offered. They build into MF/bis/SMT variants. Each is $10USD.

I also found a Monogram A-4E with decals for a Free Kuwait version. I recall building the Hasegawa A-4KU for my friend so this may be the original kit before deciding to go with Hasegawa. It includes a small fret of PE from Model Technologies and is complete except for the kit decals. $5USD plus cover the shipping. I am sure I probably have some SuperScale or MicroScale sheets but will only look for them if buying more than one item.

PM me if interested.

Regards,

Monogram A-4E with decals for a Free Kuwait version. I recall building the Hasegawa A-4KU for my friend so this may be the original kit before deciding to go with Hasegawa. It includes a small fret of PE from Model Technologies and is complete except for the kit decals. $5USD plus shipping. I am sure I probably have some SuperScale or MicroScale sheets but will only look for them if buying more than one item.

4SaleAug10252520002.JPG

This one is $40USD MSRP. However, I did use the ground crew and one of the two pilots. Yours for $15USD plus shipping. The rest is complete:

4SaleAug10252520007.JPG

4SaleAug10252520006.JPG

4SaleAug10252520005.JPG

4SaleAug10252520004.JPG

PM me if interested.

Regards,

Kitech Su-30MKK kit, complete with decals and instructions (no box).
4sale252520001.JPG

4sale252520002.JPG

Bags still sealed...
4sale252520003.JPG

4sale252520004.JPG

4sale252520005.JPG

4sale252520006.JPG

Zhengdefu... note loose parts which are all accounted for...
4sale252520007.JPG

4sale252520008.JPG

4sale252520009.JPG

4sale252520010.JPG

Sorbitsya pods have been removed from the otherwise intact sprue...
4sale252520011.JPG

4sale252520012.JPG

4sale252520013.JPG

While the decal sheet has the side louvers on them, they are actually scribed into the intake trunk sides.

$10USD for both (shipping at cost).

Should you buy from another sale, I will include some relevant bits (leftover Hi-Decals, Academy parts left over since anything designed for the Academy Sukhoi fits these kits).

Fishbed from OEZ. One is offered. It builds into one of the forllowing variants: MF/bis/SMT. $10USD.

A Monogram A-4E with decals for a Free Kuwait version. I recall building the Hasegawa A-4KU for my friend so this may be the original kit before deciding to go with Hasegawa. It includes a small fret of PE from Model Technologies and is complete except for the kit decals. $5USD plus cover the shipping. I am sure I probably have some SuperScale or MicroScale sheets but will only look for them if buying more than one item.

4SaleAug10252520002.JPG

This one is $40USD MSRP. However, I did use the ground crew and one of the two pilots. Yours for $15USD plus shipping. The rest is complete:

4SaleAug10252520007.JPG

4SaleAug10252520006.JPG

4SaleAug10252520005.JPG

4SaleAug10252520004.JPG

PM me if interested.

Regards,

Please note that I am in the US and only can ship on Saturdays. Shipping to outside the US is expensive. PayPal only once I contact you with the total including shipping.

If interested, send an e-mail to saul AT sharkmouth DOT com but do NOT PM me. It will be sold to the first person buying. If you have a question, feel free to ask but note that someone else may buy it while the conversation is occurring.

[strike]Kitech Su-30MKK kit, complete with decals and instructions (no box).[/strike] Pending...
4sale252520001.JPG

4sale252520002.JPG

Bags still sealed...
4sale252520003.JPG

4sale252520004.JPG

4sale252520005.JPG

4sale252520006.JPG

[strike]Zhengdefu... note loose parts which are all accounted for...[/strike] Pending...
4sale252520007.JPG

4sale252520008.JPG

4sale252520009.JPG

4sale252520010.JPG

[strike]Sorbitsya pods have been removed from the otherwise intact sprue...[/strike] Pending...
4sale252520011.JPG

4sale252520012.JPG

4sale252520013.JPG

[strike]While the decal sheet has the side louvers on them, they are actually scribed into the intake trunk sides.

$10USD for both (shipping at cost).[/strike] Pending...

Fishbed from OEZ. One is offered. It builds into one of the following variants: MF/bis/SMT. $10USD.

[strike]A Monogram A-4E with decals for a Free Kuwait version. I recall building the Hasegawa A-4KU for my friend so this may be the original kit before deciding to go with Hasegawa. It includes a small fret of PE from Model Technologies and is complete except for the kit decals. $5USD plus cover the shipping. I am sure I probably have some SuperScale or MicroScale sheets but will only look for them if buying more than one item.[/strike] No longer for sale.

While some expressed interest, I thought about the axiom "do unto others as you would like done unto thee..."

Well, I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to pack something up, drive to the next town to their nearest post office, to report back to me the shipping cost on something I <u><b>MIGHT</b></u> buy at a price that is obviously much less than that person paid for.

Ridiculous!

At $5USD for the kit, it is a great possibility that the shipping will cost more than the kit is being sold. Since the offer was to pay the actual shipping on top of the price of the kit (nothing added for packing, handling, time and gas to go to the post office), why bother selling it? I'll cut my losses.

4SaleAug10252520002.JPG

[strike]This one is $40USD MSRP. However, I did use the ground crew and one of the two pilots. Yours for $15USD plus shipping. The rest is complete:[/strike] Sold and sent. Awaiting Payment.

4SaleAug10252520007.JPG

4SaleAug10252520006.JPG

4SaleAug10252520005.JPG

4SaleAug10252520004.JPG

E-mail me, no PMs, if interested.

Regards,

Please note that I am in the US and only can ship on Saturdays. Shipping to outside the US is expensive. PayPal only once I contact you with the total including shipping.

If interested, send an e-mail to saul AT sharkmouth DOT com but do NOT PM me. It will be sold to the first person buying. If you have a question, feel free to ask but note that someone else may buy it while the conversation is occurring.

Fishbed from OEZ. One is offered. It builds into one of the following variants: MF/bis/SMT. $10USD. New decals will be included.

AA Models F-7E bagged kit is $5USD. New decals from Academy are included. Note that the AA F-7 (Chinese modified MiG-21) is heavily inspired by Academy's Fishbed kits so details designed for the Korean kit fit the Chinese one.

At $5USD for the kit, it is a great possibility that the shipping will cost more than the kit is being sold.

Regards,

Fishbed from OEZ. One is offered. It builds into one of the following variants: MF/bis/SMT. $10USD. New decals will be included.

AA Models F-7E bagged kit is $5USD. New decals from Academy are included. Note that the AA F-7 (Chinese modified MiG-21) is heavily inspired by Academy's Fishbed kits so details designed for the Korean kit fit the Chinese one.

At $5USD for the kit, it is a great possibility that the shipping will cost more than the kit is being sold.

Make an offer on the following package.
I have a 48th scale Flanker package I may consider selling since it is a large aircraft and the Trumpeter kits I have been buying are very good. The package includes:
Academy sprues, with decals and instructions, no box.
Eduard PE set for above.
KMC resin upgrade with PE for above (new cockpit & wheels).
Resin (Quick boost?) wheels.
Resin Quick Boost nose.
Resin Quick Boost burner cans.
Resin Quick Boost probes.
Brass Master Model pitot tube.
New Hi-Decal decal set.
Resin K-36DM ejection seat.

Regards,

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale Sep 21st '14

Republic of Taiwan F-5 Tiger II kits ($40USD for both and get bonus MicroScale Philippine Air Force decals):
aar48s01_20101128_1013802927.jpg

48S01 (cheapest price I found was $37.79USD). Kit is complete with decals, poster, instructions, and extra care was taken to ensure all parts are on trees.

AR48S07Box.JPG

48S07 with special parts. They are full size stickers of the Squadron badges. Cheapest price found was $39.99USD. All except 2 sprues are in sealed bags. Kit is complete with decals, stickers, poster, instructions, and extra care was taken to ensure all parts are on trees.

I have a 48th scale Flanker package I may consider selling since it is a large aircraft and the Trumpeter kits I have been buying are very good. The package includes:
Eduard PE set for above.
Resin Quick Boost nose.
New Hi-Decal decal set.

Regards,

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale, 48th Scale Sep 21st, '14

Sales are over! The garage door has closed. Thanks to those that bought.

Regards,

So I am going away to Barbados for a while and decided to open the door on the Garage. Please note that I am in the US and only can ship on Saturdays. Shipping to outside the US is expensive. Use PayPal only after I contact you with the total including shipping.

If spending more than $100USD across any of my sales, I will offer two options.

1. Free shipping to Continental US or split the shipping cost for International.
2. Free lay-a-way as long as the items are paid up by December 12th, 2015.

Republic of Taiwan F-5 Tiger II kits ($40USD for both and get bonus MicroScale Philippine Air Force decals):

48S01 (cheapest price I found was $37.79USD). Kit is complete with decals, poster, instructions, and extra care was taken to ensure all parts are on trees.

AR48S07Box.JPG

48S07 with special parts. They are full size stickers of the Squadron badges. Cheapest price found was $39.99USD. All except 2 sprues are in sealed bags. Kit is complete with decals, stickers, poster, instructions, and extra care was taken to ensure all parts are on trees.

Eduard PE set for above.
Resin Quick Boost nose.
New Hi-Decal decal set.

The following will need Eduard's October 2015 release, FE 735, to replace the missing Aires PE from the cockpit set. I am asking for $70USD plus shipping. I will include two complete bomb sprues left over from my Trumpeter Su-24 kit to the buyer from here.
KPsu22001.jpg

Selling as Su-22M-4 as I used the reconnaissance pod (only plastic missing)

KPsu22002.jpg

I did use some decal bits but the KP decal with sharkmouth is a bonus.

KPsu22003.jpg

KPsu22004.jpg

A & B mark loose pieces seen in following photograph.

KPsu22005.jpg

KPsu22006.jpg

KPsu22007.jpg

KPsu22008.jpg

KPsu22009.jpg

Last, I have one complete Trumpeter 48th scale Su-24MK which I will part with for $50USD.
TrumpeterSu24M.JPG

As a bonus, I will include two complete (1 started) 72nd scale Fencers. One is Dragon's Su-24 Fencer C and the other is Bilek's (Dragon molds) Su-24MK. Nose on the Su-24 Fencer C glued together and wing correction started (see extended front edge using black styrene). Three True Details K-36D ejection seats will be included as well. Buyer needs to get a fourth.
GarageDMLFencers.JPG

Regards,

Added more photos, found more items to put up after I return from Barbados, plus corrected some designations.

Regards,

Please note that I am in the US and only can ship on Saturdays. Shipping to outside the US is expensive. Use PayPal only after I contact you with the total including shipping.

If spending more than $100USD across any of my sales, I will offer two options.

1. Free shipping to Continental US or split the shipping cost for International.
2. Free lay-a-way as long as the items are paid up by December 12th, 2015.

[strike]Republic of Taiwan F-5 Tiger II kits ($40USD for both and get bonus MicroScale Philippine Air Force decals):[/strike]SOLD!

[strike]48S01 (cheapest price I found was $37.79USD). Kit is complete with decals, poster, instructions, and extra care was taken to ensure all parts are on trees.[/strike]SOLD!
$40USD for both (above and below) and get bonus MicroScale Philippine Air Force decals.
AR48S07Box.JPG

[strike]48S07 with special parts. They are full size stickers of the Squadron badges. Cheapest price found was $39.99USD. All except 2 sprues are in sealed bags. Kit is complete with decals, stickers, poster, instructions, and extra care was taken to ensure all parts are on trees.[/strike]SOLD!

Fishbed from OEZ. One is offered. It builds into one of the following variants: MF/BIS/SMT. $10USD. New decals will be included.

Eduard PE set for above.
Resin Quick Boost nose.
New Hi-Decal decal set.

The following will need Eduard's October 2015 release, FE 735, to replace the missing Aires PE from the cockpit set. I am asking for $70USD plus shipping. I will include two complete bomb sprues left over from my Trumpeter Su-24 kit to the buyer from here.
KPsu22001.jpg

Selling as Su-22M-4 as I used the reconnaissance pod (only plastic missing)

KPsu22002.jpg

I did use some decal bits but the KP decal with sharkmouth is a bonus.

KPsu22003.jpg

KPsu22004.jpg

A & B mark loose pieces seen in following photograph.

KPsu22005.jpg

KPsu22006.jpg

KPsu22007.jpg

KPsu22008.jpg

KPsu22009.jpg

Last, I have one complete Trumpeter 48th scale Su-24MK which I will part with for $50USD.
TrumpeterSu24M.JPG

Regards,

Back