Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sharkmouth's Garage Sale, 48th Scale, Spring 2018

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale, 48th Scale, Spring 2018 22 Jul 2013 16:56 #1

Well, I did look into one box labeled Sukhoi. What did I find to spare? Two bagged kits.

Zhendengfu Su-30MK (paid $10USD)

Mini Hobby Model Su-27 (paid $10USD)

The kits are poor copies of the Academy Su-27. By this I mean sharp edges are rounded, no photo-etched details (such as the screens) and worse fit than the original. They are complete minus the Sorbitsya pods. $10 for both bagged kits and I will include leftover aftermarket decals (why must I buy a complete sheet for only one or two shark mouth schemes?). I also saw some leftover blue Academy parts which were probably replaced with resin or scratch. This includes the wheels, cockpit,

Some people can make a nice kit out of it, but I don't want to put that kind of effort with the stash I have...
Mini Hobby Model:
s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=138236

www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5/4801..._Su-30_Nizam/00.shtm

A look at the Zhendefu/Kitech/Trumpeter kit:
fighters.forumactif.com/t10717-kitech-su...-b?highlight=flanker

Anyway... there is another box labeled MiG to look at. After that, a box listed as 1/48th.

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a
Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man,
Well, it surely means that I don't know

Last Edit: 08 Apr 2018 08:57 by sharkmouth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 21 '13 22 Jul 2013 18:02 #2

Remember, these are bagged kits.

Found another Sukhoi, an OEZ Letograd Su-7 BMK/BKL (now sold by KP Models and reboxed by Eduard with Brassin). If you have the Eduard kit, I will trade this for the sharkmouth scheme from the decal sheet.

Or, $10USD to buy the kit.

I then found some Fishbeds. Again, from OEZ. Also, $10USD.

Revell's MiG-21PF and AA Models F-7E are both $10USD. New decals from Academy are included.

If buying more than one, we can work something out.

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a

Last Edit: 22 Jul 2013 18:04 by sharkmouth.

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 21 '13 22 Jul 2013 19:59 #3

Saul just close yer eyes, spin around and then still blind touch one of those Rubbermaid containers you keep yer kits in, dont open it but wrap it with duct tape and sell it as a grab lot for 60 bucks, then do it again. :fencing

Starting at the bottom...

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 21 '13 25 Jul 2013 00:13 #4

kryptosdaddy wrote:
Saul just close yer eyes, spin around and then still blind touch one of those Rubbermaid containers you keep yer kits in, dont open it but wrap it with duct tape and sell it as a grab lot for 60 bucks, then do it again.

I can't do that, but it seems you and my wife have the same suggestion.

Looking in one of the bins, I found I still had one left over Academy MiG-29, two Italeri mold (one is a Bilek bag kit) of the MiG-29 in 72nd scale with LOADS of PE and resin left over form the commision builds. I am now comparing the work on the started Academy kit with details to the Great Wall Hobby MiG-29. The latter blows it away for sure!

I will try to get some photographs up of the aforementioned kits for sale. No, the Fulcrums are not for sale.

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 21 '13 26 Jul 2013 21:52 #5

Updated the list and removed some items.

After getting an email from some manufacturers, it seems I won't be seeing new tool Sukhois in the near future so I am taking the Su-7 off the market immediately.

Remember, these are bagged kits. If you need photographs of the contents, let me know.

I found some Fishbeds from OEZ. Two are offered. They build into MF/bis/SMT variants. Each is $10USD.

Revell's MiG-21PF and AA Models F-7E are $10USD for both. New decals from Academy are included. Note that the AA F-7 (Chinese modified MiG-21) is heavily inspired by Academy's Fishbed kits so details designed for the Korean kit fit the Chinese one.

Zhendengfu Su-30MK (paid $10USD)

Mini Hobby Model Su-27 (paid $10USD)

The kits are poor copies of the Academy Su-27. By this I mean sharp edges are rounded, no photo-etched details (such as the screens) and worse fit than the original. They are complete minus the Sorbitsya pods. $10 for both bagged kits and I will include leftover aftermarket decals (why must I buy a complete sheet for only one or two shark mouth schemes?). I also saw some leftover blue Academy parts which were probably replaced with resin or scratch. This includes the wheels, cockpit, and other bits.

If not one takes the Flanker clones by Saturday, July 27th, 2013, they will also be removed from the offer and given to my son. I will keep the leftover resin wheels, cockpit, and PE (designed for the Academy kit) for a future kit.

Some people can make a nice kit out of these clones, but I don't want to put that kind of effort with the stash I have...
Mini Hobby Model:
s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=138236

www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5/4801..._Su-30_Nizam/00.shtm

A look at the Zhendefu/Kitech/Trumpeter kit:
fighters.forumactif.com/t10717-kitech-su...-b?highlight=flanker

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a

Last Edit: 26 Jul 2013 21:53 by sharkmouth.

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 26 '13 28 Jul 2013 09:06 #6

Where is the 'this thread is useless without pics' emoticon I've seen you post before Saul?

:rotf
  • Ken Abrams
  • Ken Abrams
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander
Build how YOU like, like how YOU build.

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 26 '13 28 Jul 2013 11:48 #7

You mean this Ken?
:nopics
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 26 '13 28 Jul 2013 12:42 #8

sharkmouth wrote:
Remember, these are bagged kits. If you need photographs of the contents, let me know.
Ken Abrams wrote:
Where is the 'this thread is useless without pics' emoticon I've seen you post before Saul?

Wasn't needed as no one asked for them before the offer was rescinded.

:good
moon puppy wrote:
You mean this Ken?
:nopics

Yep, that's the one!

:geek

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a

Last Edit: 28 Jul 2013 12:47 by sharkmouth. Reason: Cleaning up the quotes...

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 26 '13 28 Jul 2013 12:44 #9

Updated the list and removed some items.

I found some Fishbeds from OEZ. Two are offered. They build into MF/bis/SMT variants. Each is $10USD. I'm doing an inventory of my MiG-21 kits and MAY have some Eduard PE for them.

Revell's MiG-21PF and AA Models F-7E are $10USD for both. New decals from Academy are included. Note that the AA F-7 (Chinese modified MiG-21) is heavily inspired by Academy's Fishbed kits so details designed for the Korean kit fit the Chinese one.

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a

Last Edit: 28 Jul 2013 12:54 by sharkmouth.

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 26 '13 03 Aug 2013 13:20 #10

My son tells me the models would be too large to hang from the ceiling... I guess he doesn't want them!

Following Ken's advice, here they are again with photographs:

Kitech Su-30MKK kit, complete with decals and instructions (no box).

Bags still sealed...

Decals and clear pieces...

Close up showing that the cockpit opening is off center...

Zhengdefu... note loose parts which are all accounted for...

Sorbitsya pods have been removed from the otherwise intact sprue...

While the decal sheet has the side louvers on them, they are actually scribed into the intake trunk sides.

$10USD for both (shipping at cost).

Should you buy from another sale, I will include some relevant bits (leftover Hi-Decals, Academy parts left over since anything designed for the Academy Sukhoi fits these kits).

Photographs of the following will be posted later tonight.
Fishbeds from OEZ. Two are offered. They build into MF/bis/SMT variants. Each is $10USD.

I also found a Monogram A-4E with decals for a Free Kuwait version. I recall building the Hasegawa A-4KU for my friend so this may be the original kit before deciding to go with Hasegawa. It includes a small fret of PE from Model Technologies and is complete except for the kit decals. $5USD plus cover the shipping. I am sure I probably have some SuperScale or MicroScale sheets but will only look for them if buying more than one item.

PM me if interested.

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a

Last Edit: 10 Aug 2013 00:26 by sharkmouth.

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 26 '13 10 Aug 2013 00:29 #11

Monogram A-4E with decals for a Free Kuwait version. I recall building the Hasegawa A-4KU for my friend so this may be the original kit before deciding to go with Hasegawa. It includes a small fret of PE from Model Technologies and is complete except for the kit decals. $5USD plus shipping. I am sure I probably have some SuperScale or MicroScale sheets but will only look for them if buying more than one item.

This one is $40USD MSRP. However, I did use the ground crew and one of the two pilots. Yours for $15USD plus shipping. The rest is complete:

PM me if interested.

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a

Last Edit: 14 Aug 2013 21:22 by sharkmouth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kryptosdaddy

Sharkmouth's Garage Sale - 48th Scale July 26 '13 13 Oct 2013 17:19 #12

Kitech Su-30MKK kit, complete with decals and instructions (no box).

Bags still sealed...

Decals and clear pieces...

Close up showing that the cockpit opening is off center...

Zhengdefu... note loose parts which are all accounted for...

Sorbitsya pods have been removed from the otherwise intact sprue...

While the decal sheet has the side louvers on them, they are actually scribed into the intake trunk sides.

$10USD for both (shipping at cost).

Should you buy from another sale, I will include some relevant bits (leftover Hi-Decals, Academy parts left over since anything designed for the Academy Sukhoi fits these kits).

Fishbed from OEZ. One is offered. It builds into one of the forllowing variants: MF/bis/SMT. $10USD.

A Monogram A-4E with decals for a Free Kuwait version. I recall building the Hasegawa A-4KU for my friend so this may be the original kit before deciding to go with Hasegawa. It includes a small fret of PE from Model Technologies and is complete except for the kit decals. $5USD plus cover the shipping. I am sure I probably have some SuperScale or MicroScale sheets but will only look for them if buying more than one item.

This one is $40USD MSRP. However, I did use the ground crew and one of the two pilots. Yours for $15USD plus shipping. The rest is complete:

PM me if interested.

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds