• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Baron Richthofen and his Albatros

jknaus

Administrator
Okay in February my Favorite WWI web site is having a special group build in honour of the sites founder. So I am going to take a break and do a WWI a/c. Now here is the question guys and girls. Whose Alby will I build? Lt Alfred Lenz or Von Richthofen?
Lez's a/c is number 2
heeff8f6.jpg

h0edc950.jpg

XXXXXXXXXXXX and his Albatros

I kinda like no. 3. Would fit in well with William Wellman's movie "Wings".

Number two or five, not necessarily in that order. :pilot

Does it come with wafers? :D

Number 5, Wood grain and colors are great. I've still got bad feelings about white starts on black background. :pilot

I actually kind of go between number 1 and 5. The first one has a fair amount of wood and then the markings over that. The artwork doesn't really do it justice.

So far its looking like the Red Barons a/c it is. I've pulled the kit out ready for some pictures.

Okay pulled out the kit and looked through. Here is my entry picture although it may be a bit before I begin.

h53c542d.JPG

hb489119.JPG

And this is why I cant show you the ref materials and AM I have.

hd5a8cc0.JPG

When a couple of more items arrive and I have a clear desk to take pics I will show off all the goodies going into this build.
James

I had one years ago that looked a lot like him. HAD to be in my lap. ALL the time. Didn't matter if I petted him or not though I did a bit. He would always come up beside me and pat me asking permission. (didn't matter if he got it or not) Then up in the lap an lay down. Miss him still.

Costello has been with us a year and a bit now. Just getting to where he trusts us. He makes sure I go to bed at the proper time and then curls up just out of arms reach until I fall asleep. Greets me at door and warms my desk especially if I was in the kitchen.

Anyways here are some of the refs I will use and some of the am. I have the resin machine guns somewhere I may use. But engine parts to trick out the Daimler. Instrument bezels and machine gun rounds and empty casings. Also HGW seat belts and cushion.And a carved wooden prop with grown metal exhaust.

h079f6c9.JPG

h3689aa6.JPG

h03c3608.JPG

h5bb532a.JPG

h57aa52a.JPG

h978ff17.JPG

h5ed2bdd.JPG

h7cbf782.JPG

h5f72dd1.JPG

In the mail I have some wood decals, external panels pe, and some single wing nuts which work great for recreating the fuel shutoff handles. I am also getting the Yahu Models Albatros D.V set to see if I like them

hf6de7f5.jpg

Finally I have some cool stuff from Flugzeugwerke for the alby and the Daimler.

h6e40312.jpg

h0b15853.jpg

hd953b27.jpg

h70b9623.jpg

Thats the interupter gear, fuel and oil tank, spinner, and fuel valves for behind the instrument panel.

and finally the Magnetos, engine cylinders, cylinder clamps, and oil pump.
Lets see how fast I start dropping stuff lol.
James

Okay last ones didnt work. Try again.
and finally the Magnetos, engine cylinders, cylinder clamps, and oil pump.
Lets see how fast I start dropping stuff lol.

Hmm they wont show up. Not sure why.

And forgot link.
Flugzeugwerke 3D printed parts. These are excellent quality. My friend Bo makes them and he's a master class type of modeler.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/flugzeugwerke

Dangit! I knew I should have been hitting you up for the addons.

I'm really not happy with the kit seat belts, I'll check out the HGW seat belts and cushion. Kinda far along with the engine to go back and do the mags again.

I think I will grab those syncho gear. :pilot

Back