• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Maj. Adolf Galland's Bf 109 E-4 Jg 26

Paulw

This will be Cyber Hobby's 1/32 Bf 109 E-7 kit. However, the kit contains all of the proper pieces for the E-4. I think it is one of the better kits of this plane in 32 with just a few niggly issues that are really not to life threatening.
One of which is there are no decals for the instrument panel. Thinking back on it. I did enjoy their 110 also.

Going through the box I found a parts sprue that is the same sprue for the engine and exhaust as for the 110. I really cant fault that because the same engine is used in both kits.I may have to do some digging to find some extra detail that are equivalent to both kits.

Iv'e been working on the ip and MG tray today and this is about all that I have done.

I am quite chuffed about building this one. I have been wanting to do it for quite a while now.

Your painting on the IP is fantastic Paul and inspiring me to do a better job on my 105's IP and Cockpit

Good choice ! I had two issues with mine, first was the fit of the gun cover. Whether it was something I did or the kit I had an interference fit with the guns and ended up filing away some of the lovely detail there to get it to fit properly. The instructions would have you install the cover before installing the engine. Done this way it is almost impossible to see if you have the engine bearers full seated into the fire wall. I thought I did but but ended up with a gap.

109e-b19.jpg

Fairly easy to fix with a styrene strip added to the rear of the cowl. I also ended up with a couple other gaps, my sloppy work or kit fit, I can't say but its probably worth doing some test fitting in advance. Other than these niggles I thoroughly enjoyed the kit otherwise.

109e-b23.jpg

Good choice ! I had two issues with mine, first was the fit of the gun cover. Whether it was something I did or the kit I had an interference fit with the guns and ended up filing away some of the lovely detail there to get it to fit properly. The instructions would have you install the cover before installing the engine. Done this way it is almost impossible to see if you have the engine bearers full seated into the fire wall. I thought I did but but ended up with a gap.

109e-b19.jpg

Fairly easy to fix with a styrene strip added to the rear of the cowl. I also ended up with a couple other gaps, my sloppy work or kit fit, I can't say but its probably worth doing some test fitting in advance. Other than these niggles I thoroughly enjoyed the kit otherwise.

109e-b23.jpg

Thanks, Gary. I'll keep an eye out for that spot.

I did, after a couple of days, get the fuse all together and sewn up. I enjoyed the way this kit fit together. There is plenty of detail in the pit to satisfy anyone.

then I started the engine. Understandably there are some parts differences between this kits engine assembly and the 110's. Mainly the radiators and engine mounts but the rest are all the same.

I think this will be a really enjoyable kit. It is going together rather nicely and with few frustrating issues. The major bother to me is the air intake between the E-4 and the E-7. One being for the tropical sand and the other used for northern climates. Most of the correct parts are in the kit with the exception of one or two that may have to be modified a bit.

Now for the tough spot. The top part of the forward fuselage didn't fit at all so I removed the gun pack and magazine storage. This is what I have left to work out.

h42ba46d.jpg

h1e31c6b.jpg

h5ef6843.jpg

More work to do

Back