• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Saburo Sakai Zero

jeaton01

There's been some minor progress since the last photo update....

Pretty much out of the box, a nice but older Tamiya kit. Masks for the canopy were made on my Silhouette Cameo cutter, starting with a scan of an Eduard set that did not fit well at all as they were for a Hasegawa kit. Masks were also made for the meat balls and the blue trim and they were all painted. The only hassle was getting the landing gear to firm up, the sockets in the wing seemed pretty loose on the gear. White Ensign Mitsubishi Navy Gray Green, Gunze Mr Color Mitsubishi interior color and Gunze Metallic Blue for the wheel wells. Gunze for the cowling. Real nice paint.

0024a6m.jpg

0034a6m.jpg

0044a6m.jpg

0054a6m.jpg

0064a6m.jpg

0074a6m.jpg

0084a6m.jpg

0094a6m.jpg

0104a6m.jpg

0114a6m.jpg

0124a6m.jpg

0134a6m.jpg

0144a6m.jpg

0154a6m.jpg

0164a6m.jpg

0174a6m.jpg

0184a6m.jpg

0194a6m.jpg

Who's the pilot John and I'll move your build to another thread.

This campaign has started, John kick started it :rotf

Git'er done.

Saburo Sakai, Bob. Japan's highest scoring ace who survived the war. Others may have had more kills, certainly Nishizawa, but did not survive the war.

Dear John.

I don´t known why , but I don´t get to see your photos :frantic

Luiz.

Luiz, can you get to this John's website?

http://goldeneramodel.com/

John, have you done something to piss off Brazil to where they block your website? :rotf

Thank you guys!...now everything is working well :frantic

Great job on Zero, John !

Best regards!

Luiz.

Thanks, everyone, it was a fun build, made more fun with the sharing.

Luiz, I don't know what happened because I did not do anything. Glad it's working.

Back