• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Here's my slot for WnW Albatros

h47f8679.jpg

:pilot

Beautiful choice :good: ... :popcorn

Luiz

We need to coordinate who's building what scheme Luiz, I sure don't want to be shown up by you. :notworthy :notworthy

Der Bob.

At first, I hope to see a great work from yours, as always... :eek:ldguy

I intend to make one of these Planes :

a) A Me 109 G6 ( New Tamiya mold) piloted by Gerard Barkhorn , or

b) A FW 190 A 5 ( Eduard Profipack ) piloted by Pips Priller...both in the 1/48 scale

By the way...when this campaign starts?

Best .

Luiz.

I'm in.

hda9cb9e.jpg

Think I'll have some primer and some base colors for wood grain on today. Need to figure out how many turnbuckles I'll need and if I have them. Also wonder about the control horns, has anyone come up with something more substantial than the kit parts?

Hey Bob, I believe that it has control horns on the elevator, none on the rudder (buried in the fuselage) the ailerons have one in a slot in the wing in front of the aileron.

Shouldn't be all that bad. I have yet to do much checking on actual turnbuckle size for these. If we knew that it would be easier to get the right size from GasPatch or make them.

James had mentioned years ago that the 1:48 turn buckles look more to scale on 1:32, think I used them on the DVII and would agree.

Tamiya Buff and Vallejo Buff share nothing in common other than their name. Just sharing...

So what i'm doing, I'm going to build the Option A in the instructions and then over paint everything in red just like the real thing. The wood grain seems visible but not by much, to achieve this i'm going to use just black for the grain, if I get into the colors of the wood grain it'll probably be lost.

Pass the root beer. :snoopy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtJ1Gnh9wPU

:drinks

Well, lost the PE, can't find it anywhere.

I'm trying several wood grain techniques. Oil over acrylic, prisma color pencil over acrylic. Still unsure what I will do with the exterior yet.

hfa1dd8f.jpg

h967461e.jpg

h1bb580d.jpg

Back