• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS Nats in Omaha

Leopard2

This will be my Convention Blog.

After about 2.5 hrs drive Aimee and I arrived at the venue. First order of business raffle tickets and I got already my money's worth ( details later in newest acquisitions). After picking up Registration package off we went to register the models. Everything went quick and smoothly.

Next step was finding the category tables, that also went without problems. Though I must say that with another day of registrations table space might turn into primo real estate.

When that was done we went on a reccon mission of the vendor room and took a quick look thru the show room.

So far I have to say the amount of models and the size of the vending area is just plain mind boggling.

I spoke with MrT (Terry) for a bit.

Pictures will come later.

Joe

You did`nt upload pictures :huh:

We want pictures of anyone you see from here on MA, include yourselves of course and anyone else famous from the modeling world as Im sure they are a multitude of top faces there :) :drinks

Yeah were only jesting Joe,....

Have a great time ! I really wished I was there this weekend trouble was too little bucks and too many things to do around here prevented me from attending,..

anyone mention pictures ? ;)

Ok, survived day 2. Still haven't seen anyone besides Terry. First estimate on my part is 800-1000 registered modelers with a total of 2000-3000 models. Taking pics of the all is just impossible so I started a slide show where I will add. The skill level is amazing. Lots of high quality models. Its hard to pick any favorites.

Joe

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo226/german1963/Misc/IPMS%20Nats%20Omaha%202011/?albumview=slideshow

Excellent Pictures Joe !!!

I hope you dont mind nipping over onto the figure section and snapping a few good uns for me, please

Im interested in mainly WW2 Germans but anything you snap would be fantastic

Here's hoping that anyone planning a contest will take note of the wider aisles in this room! The last several shows have been crammed into small rooms without enough space to allow traffic, much less the opportunity to bend over to look over the models! Hope you're having fun, say hello to all my Surgeon buddies! Have you spent all your money?

I haven't really started spending yet. Aimee bought 5 PE sets of 1/700 scale trains from Alliance Models. I got a couple kits so far and found my 1/24 scale Hurricane markings I was looking for the the BoB Campaign. I did well in the raffle, 1 book, 2 model kits, 2 Eduard PE sets and and helper tool for cutting PE of frets. I will take more pictures today and add to the slide show.

Mike, the surgeons are out in force,(Greg, Rob, Mike S.,me, Aimee, Bob B., Mike R., Dave,Ross)

Ed S. is here as well :(

Joe

Guess you can't have everything! :D Sounds like you're having a great time, keep going!!!

Never seen the crucifixion of J.C. done in modelform! :woohoo: [pretty cool though]

Thanks for sharing all this cool stuff,Joe! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Ok now to open the proverbial can of worms,..

However brilliantly, artistically painted and presented do things like the cruxifiction and that predator head actually have a place at a show like AMPS ? :hmmm

This is the IPMS Nationals, Andy. The figures are welcome, just like any others. Not saying I agree or disagree, just saying.

Well Andy,....that's a tricky one!

I am not out to hurt anyones feelings,when I say;The crucifixion of J.C done
in modelform is pretty cool.

I AM REALLY SORRY,IF I HURT SOMEONE's FEELINGS!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:
And I have respect for Christians!

Im just saying irrespective of subject matter should anything non armour or military related have a place in shows such as AMPS

This is NOT a religious statement but more of a curious question,...............

For example : I recently did a Pirate and a American Civil war figure if anyone remembers, now I wouldnt of taken those figures to an AMPS show due to it not being anything to do with the subject matter of an Armoured vehicle,.. of course I would have taken my Military figures.

Andy,I don't know what the rules are in U.S shows,

But,why not stretch the rules a bit,if people like to see it...?

[your pirate doesn't my eyes starting to bleed] :D

Well Andy,....that's a tricky one!

I am not out to hurt anyones feelings,when I say;The crucifixion of J.C done
in modelform is pretty cool.

I AM REALLY SORRY,IF I HURT SOMEONE's FEELINGS!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:
And I have respect for Christians!

I'm at a loss on how you could offend anyone by mentioning this. No apology is needed. :v

Back