• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HLI's Model Builder International Pilot Issue (Electronic Version)

Looks interesting Saul. Thanks for the review. Will have to investigate this more.
James

It's only four US dollars for the electronic version as there is a sale going on now.

Regards,

OK...so I picked up the electronic version to read...not a big fan of the idea of getting the link to their aglaia reader. Was really hoping to be able to download a pdf like file, so that I could then load it onto my nook to be able to look at it in the shop. Any way to save this as a different file type?

Hmmm...went to the Help section and there is supposedly a toolbar function with a downwards arrow to download as a PDF...but I don't see that button on my toolbar...

Mike, as you seem to be as much a fan as I with the epaperflip software, give me a day or two. I have gone directly to the site to try to jot down some tips.

did you notice you can 'grab' the upper corners of the virtual magazine to change pages? Or the thumbnails on the bottom to preview pages? The search feature I like.

I have informed HLI that the download feature should be enabled.

Regards,

Congrats Kenny, you should pop in an take a bow, I know you guys worked hard getting this first issue out.

BTW, how did you know i've been smoking over that Trump F4U?

Thanks Saul! Yeah...eBooks as a whole don't bother me...especially with this nook...I can grab digital books from the library and save gas...plus Barnes & Noble give free Friday book downloads among other great deals. But I don't like being forced to use someone's applications...I am a big fan of free choice ;)

Little update on my end...I was able to take the link from the download and use it in the web browser on the nook to open the ezine...but hopefully they'll make it easier in the future...considering they are marketing a digital copy-- it ought to be able to be read on digital readers ;)

Hi All ,

Thank you all for the comments and concerns with the new magazine. This is our first go at a magazine for some and a very first for all at digital publishing.

To be totally honest with you all as we are not a big corporation nor backed by one I had to find a sutable reader inside our budget. This is why some features are not available at the moment. Hopefully we have a good enough following where we can add all of those features our supporters want. I do apologize for any inconvience at the moment but, I promise you it will get much better faster than you think.

Our pilot was just a glimpse of what is to come. Our future issues will all be theme based beginning with "The War In The Pacific" meaning every article in the magazine will have to do with the PTO of WWII. We are going to try to hit every genre of modeling by doing this we want to get people to think "hey that is a great model it may be sci-fi but I will give it a shot!"

We are lucky to have Jeff Herne on-board as our managing editor. Because of his knowledge he keeps things moving smoothly so I can go about the task of finding builders , choosing what is to go into the magazine, talking to companies and so on. The magazine is written and produced all by modelers who love the hobby and want to see it thrive into the future.

Thank you all again for your support and I hope you love the product we are putting out to the hobby community.

All the best,

Kenny Conklin
Editor MBI
Ken@hobbylinkinternational.com

And just to be sure to clear up anything misleading on my end-- I was able to use the link to open the issue on both the nook and the iTouch with no problems...haven't tried saving it for offline use in case I am without Wifi- but I imagine it shouldn't be hard?

I thought I replied to this I am sorry I didn't .

After you order and get the link to the magazine we have also enabled from the reader to download the PDF version to your computer. This way you can have teh version anywhere you go.

Thank you all again for all of the kind words !

Sorry I haven't been around very busy trying to get stories for the PTO issue and put things together.

Kenny

No worries Kenny...I eagerly await the PTO issues as that is my favorite theater...hope to see an SBD in the mix! ;). I was able to stow it away as a PDF with little problems...although the high res did take a while on DSL...but it looks stellar so I am not complaining! Looking forward to more!

Back