• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rommel and German Tank Crew

shawngehling

Master Box Rommel and german Tank Crew DAK (German Afrika Corps) , WW-II era in 1/35th Scale Kit # MB3561

Rommelandtankcrewfront.jpg

By Shawn W. Gehling

Rommelandtankcrewback.jpg

This is another excellent set based on Erwin Rommel (the Desert Fox) and five German Tankers (giving you a total of six figures) having a conference while sitting on a tank, during a break in the action .
The Kit:
Contains 1 sprue with 46 pieces that have no flash.

Rommelandtankcrewsprue.jpg

It has been one of the most talked about kits (to be released) on numerous forums, and appears to live up to all the hype. The figures look great and should build into a great little diorama of a conference with the “Soldiers General”whose brilliant mind and ability to evaluate any situation won him the respect and admiration of both his men and his enemies.

The weapons, uniforms and equipment look accurate.

Conclusion: Master Box has done it again, producing “a diorama in a box” I can see this set showing up at model contests with them sitting on various tanks (Rommel's “Grief) half-track nearby and and and endless list of possibilities.

Rommel and the uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these should not be too hard to find.

Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys figures. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.

Oooh...this does look good. I espcially like how the figures actually look like the boxart. :eek:hmy:

Back