• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Master Box “Type 170 V, German Military Car

shawngehling

Master Box “Type 170 V, Tourenwagen, 4 Turen”: German Military Car, WW-II era in 1/35th Scale Kit # MB35100
Type170VTourenwagen4TurenGermancarfront.jpg

Type170VTourenwagen4TurenGermancarback.jpg

By Shawn W. Gehling

This is another vehicle kit based on the German Military Car (Type 170 V).
The Kit:
Contains 6 sprues (4 molded in grey plastic, 1 clear plastic and 1 set of rubber tires) with 176 pieces that have no flash. And a great set of decals for 9 different vehicles (4 Heer – German Army, 2 Luftwaffe – Air Force, 2 Marine – Navy, and 1 Fieldpollzei – Military Police).
Type170VTourenwagen4TurenGermancarsprueAandB.jpg

Type170VTourenwagen4TurenGermancarsprueCandD.jpg

Type170VTourenwagen4TurenGermancaraccessories.jpg

It appears to be an excellent scale model of the Type 170 V four cylinder German civilian car pressed into military service during World War II. It is complete with and engine that can be super detailed if you plan to show it off. It comes with two different fuel tanks (early and late versions) which is located under the hood (or bonnet for our British modelers). It can be displayed 4 different ways (roof up windows down, roof up windows up, roof down windows up, roof down windows down).
The weapons: 2 Kar 98 rifles are provided to be displayed in the racks in the back seat area and look accurate.

Conclusion: Once again Master Box has another great looking model. There are endless uses for this vehicle and only your imagination will limit you to how and where you want to display it.
I did not find a lot of information on this vehicle, although I have seen pictures of it being used in Military Service in numerous books.
Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys military soft skinned vehicles. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.

Type170VTourenwagen4TurenGermancarDirections1.jpg

Type170VTourenwagen4TurenGermancarDirections2.jpg

Type170VTourenwagen4TurenGermancardirections3.jpg

Type170VTourenwagen4TurenGermancardirections4.jpg

SHAWN,

Is there any way for you to do a Build review ? I wonder how well this goes together. I'm doing ICM's Opel Admiral for a Build Review for AMPS & it's a little Gap-fest in places it shouldn't be ... which is slightly disappointing ! I see from th Directions that you can model th Doors open , That's promising ! Something else that's lacking in th Opel Admiral.

Although ... :hmmm If ya' leave th "Bonnet" off, bore out th Case ... Would make for an Awesome Post War ... HOT ROD !!! ( group build contingent) ... Throw in a Couple of G.I.'s supin' up th Car Post War ? :D jus sayin' !!

:drinks

James,
I fondled the plastic and it looks really nice... :woohoo:
I'm kinda really busy with the new job and Summer, but I might have to pass
it along to one of my model club members and have him do the build review.
(although I really do want to slap this puppy together). I guess we will just
have to see?
Shawn
Isn't this the car that the French ambushed some German Officers in on the
morning of D-day??? I know it's a bit gory, :sick: but that would make
a cool dio too. :evil: :evil: :hmmm

Back