• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Model Expo 2011 Photos

A couple of pics from this weekend's Model Expo 2011 (Melbourne, Australia). Apologies for the rubbish photos, I tried different settings on the DSLR - obviously they weren't right for the conditions.

Linky: Click me... click me... oh baby, I love it when you click me like that... :blink

To be honest I was a little disappointed by the turnout this year. The number of entries was substantially down this year, as were the number of vendors. Regarding the former, it should have come as no surprise given the slim picking at Wheels & Tracks, the show which is seen as the precursor to Expo. I was saddened not to see Pete (South Eastern Hobbies) or Ian (Empire Hobbies) at the show. Ian's stand is one of the very few I allow myself to indulge a few (figure) impulse buys from.

On the plus side, Ian Hill picked up a first for his 2 part 17cm Grille dio - as if we expected any less!

Once again, excuse the sucky photos...

R~

RUDY,

You Funky Clickster !!! Thanx for sharing those Pix !!
I dig that German Field Bakery !! That's Cool !! "Wait til I see your Mother" - Another Awesome one ! Great Idea !! I love that Jagd-Tiger !! The Car is Very Cool ! "Move your Italian AZZ" Hahaha !! Great ! That D-Day Beach landing is Cool - Which Beach was it ? Juno ?

There's also some Choice lookin' Panthers !! Oh .. Dude ..... That Dust Model looks F'n HOT :evil: Yeah Baby !! Very Cool !

Some of those Gundam's Are Really Cool!

Hey .... That Krieg's Loco looks a lil' Familiar !!! Great Base too !!! WoW !! Some really Top Shelf Sci-Fi builds too - Is that a Buck Rogers ship with Aussie markings ? :ro: That Biker Scout with Side Car Rox !!! That last picture of th Viper with some of it's panels pulled off is Really Cool !!

Ha ! I just Found My Vote for Best in Show - Endor Choppers !!! That is PHAT :ro: :ro: - especially with a Black Patent Leah on th Back !!!! Off-Th-Chain !!

Thanx for sharing these RUDY !!! Um .... did you feel it when I clicked it ... Just right ... :kiss:

Some very nice and inspirational stuff there... but!

I really wish people would stop building that BR-52 with an AA on the tender. There are numerous internet discussions that highlight for many reasons why that configuration not only never happened, but couldn't due to the design of the tender.... but it does look good... ;)

It looks like it was a good show, Rudi, lots of cool builds! Congrats to Ian, well deserved, mate!

Excellent,
No worries on the photo quality. I'm sure the amount of beer you had made them look
just right when you took the pictures :drinks I figure next time I look at them
I'll have a few pints too and they will be clear as a bell :popcorn :D LOL
Thanks for sharing them.
Shawn

Back