• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Noreastcon 2011...Beware- 30+ pics

Jeeves

Well...I wasn't able to meet up with Ken Abrams or Rob Ferreira unfortunately which just goes to prove real life can sometimes stink ;) The vendor room had some deals...but unfortunately nothing for me. Was hoping to get some Tamiya primer and other such utility items-- but none to be found. Ah well...was great to smell styrene anyways-- and my buddy Jim from work made things fun...plus the trip to Buffalo Wild Wings after was a treat!

First off-- for the flyboys :pilot ...and to start with-- some real nice wings with wires...love this Spad...
5-15-11_022.jpg

And for the Baron fans-
5-15-11_021.jpg

And a Morane Saulnier for kicks...
5-15-11_041.jpg

These have really got me excited for the new ones from Wingnut Models...saving my pennies!

A couple standards at shows...although no Dauntlesses which is a travesty!
5-15-11_040.jpg

Love the Atlantic scheme on this Wildcat...so crisp!
5-15-11_039.jpg

I love decals-- but this one would have made me cross eyed...
5-15-11_038.jpg

Trumpy's Condor...
5-15-11_034.jpg

5-15-11_033.jpg

If you aren't going to have an SBD-- a Stuka is an acceptable substitute...
5-15-11_026.jpg

5-15-11_027.jpg

5-15-11_024.jpg

5-15-11_025.jpg

And my favorite plane from the Forgotten War...
5-15-11_029.jpg

Working on it Andy...my cutting and pasting is slow at best brother ;)

We were there late morning and had to get back home as Jim's wife had to work-- so the figures were minimal at the time-- hope it improved later :soldier

These were the ones that jumped out at me...Lord knows how they paint these-really love the hawk-like helmet on the third one over...
5-15-11_002.jpg

5-15-11_003.jpg

Batman needs a dentist real bad...
5-15-11_005.jpg

Wish I had done a better job of this Roman soldier-- my photo doesn't do it justice...
5-15-11_004.jpg

Very little there ship-wise at that point...this one was the only one that really said "Take my pic!"...
5-15-11_001.jpg

Dioramas...

This one was pretty cool...smaller scale if I remember correctly...
5-15-11_015.jpg

Someone needs to disperse these planes better-- one bomb would blow everything sky high!
5-15-11_016.jpg

5-15-11_023.jpg

5-15-11_028.jpg

Notice the category here-- some good young talent...
5-15-11_035.jpg

5-15-11_036.jpg

Misc....figured I'd put them all together...
5-15-11_013.jpg

Can't really see these well-- but these Tie craft had LEDs in them...in the lasers and the cockpit- looked very cool!
5-15-11_008.jpg

And finally-- one of the awesome DUST models I have been craving...or it may have been Ma. K-- the model was over the paper so I couldn't tell...
5-15-11_007.jpg

Guess that's it!

Thanks guys!

James...what's to envy? I didn't find anything dealwise to take advantage of ;)

They were selling the Accurate Miniatures Dauntlesses, Avengers, and Vindicators for $20 each, but I have enough of these in the stash ;). Wish they had the Tuskegee Stangs...ah well...

Thanks guys!

James...what's to envy? I didn't find anything dealwise to take advantage of ;)

They were selling the Accurate Miniatures Dauntlesses, Avengers, and Vindicators for $20 each, but I have enough of these in the stash ;). Wish they had the Tuskegee Stangs...ah well...

Yes, but you got to wonder around all those great models. I'm starving up here. :D
James

Ahh...gotcha. Yeah...this is really the only show around here unless I do some traveling. I am not an IPMS member so didn't bother bringing anything.

The only familiar face I saw was AMPS president Danny Egan who I just met last month in VA. He heads the Albany chapter up here I believe...but I didn't talk to him AA he was constantly engaged in conversation with others and we were only there a couple hours.

Hi Mike,

sorry we couldn't make it out there this time around. I actually spent the day at Rob's house with him and Iain Hamilton of AK Interactive USA. We mentioned the show a few times and how we wished we had worked it out to go but alas, it wasn't in the cards. :angry:

I believe that walker is a Ma.K. model kit, not a Dust kit. The Ma.K. stuff is for the most part, more original in concept

*although that turret...:silly:

anyway the Dust stuff is usually derived from actual WWII weapons and vehicles with parts that look like they were taken right from the box. Iain had brought his Dust kit with him and you can see the German 222 body as well as a PnzrII turret used in it's construction. Dust also has a neat little 'light walker' kit that uses the quad fifty Maxson turret.

Thanks for sharing the photos though, loving that submarine. Maybe next year I will try and plan my trip to Skaneateles to coincide with the show and catch it on the way out, or the way back.

Ken

Thanks guys!

Like I said I was there in the morning and left by noon so there may well have been better stuff all around later in the day...

Ken... no worries brother...I know how real life gets...sounds like you had a better time than I did anyway. I met Iain at AMPS with Saul and he seems pretty cool. I didn't even get any modeling in ;)

Very cool :D

Yeah...I came home and spent 4 hours at a kid birthday party with my wife who was the only one I knew there...it was mind numbing. I tried striking up a conversation with a couple of the other dads...but there wasn't much to work with and I ended up giving up...grrrrr.

Back