• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Master Box Eastern Region Peasants WW II Era

shawngehling

PeasantsEasternEuropeboxfront.jpg

Master Box “Eastern Region Peasants, WW II Era in 1/35th Scale

By Shawn W. Gehling

PeasantsEasternEuropeboxrear.jpg

This is a very nice set that gives you 5 civilain figures of Peasants in clothing that represents the Eastern area's of Europe.
The Kit:
PeasantsEasternEuropeSprue.jpg

Contains 1 sprue with 43 pieces that have no flash. One figure can be actually be built in different variants, while three others can be made to look different by wearing various hats that are provided.
It has five figures: Three children, 1 girl and two boys all of which are bare foot. (One of the boys can be built with a molded on soviet army style army hat or he can wear a civilian style hat that can also be worn by the Grand Father figure). (the other boy can have a bare head or wear an old style Red Army Revolution style hat provided). Both female figures have their heads covered. It also comes with a Grand Mother and a Grand Father figure. The Grand Mother figure can be build pouring liquid from a jar, or with her hands by her side (a different set of arms are provided), she has an apron on. The Grand Father figure is sitting on a piece of wood that is also provided.
The headgear looks pretty accurate for civilians in this area of Eastern Europe during World War II.
PeasantsEasternEuropeboxcolorguide.jpg

Conclusion: It appears that Master Box has some great looking civilians to fill the very large gap in this area of models. It also gives you the chance to make endless diorama's in Eastern Europe.
I highly recommend both these kits for anyone who enjoys figures and wants to add civilians to their dioramas. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.

SHAWN,

Cool lookin' set. It can definitely add to the OstFront Dios .... Who said you even needed Troops in a dio to tell a story :blink ..... Did I just say that ???? :woohoo: :D

Great Review & Thanx for sharing !!

Very cool...I really like their sets. Really enjoyed working with the Maquis set for the Well Done build...

Thanks guys,
Glad you liked them as much as I do.
Erik, I know what you mean.
I'm going to have to find them and purchase another set, as I can come up
with a bunch of dio's where these would really come in handy.
John, I think that AMPS was just a little early for them. I know that Alex sends
them to me as soon as they are available. I just got them this week.
Jeeves, I have never seen the Maquis set in person, but thought they did a great
job with the figures on that one too. They look pretty sweet in you build log.
Shawn

Back