• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Moderator Announcement

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
We've just drafted another Moderator from the ranks.

Everyone say howdy to Tomwes, he will be another of our global moderators here. No specific duties just keeping things running smooth.

I've known Tom since I first got back into modeling from my hiatus. I think I first saw his work over at Swanny's Model Forums where we both are still active members. Reading his background I think we both came off our hiatus about the same time and with the same circumstances. Like Tom, I picked up an issue of FSM and was wowed by what was out there today.

Tom is a good friend to the hobby as a whole and to Modelers Alliance, I hope everyone gives him an equally hard time about defining Group Builds as you all do the current staff. :D

Hey all, I'm going to tell you a little about myself. My name is Tom Wesendorf and I got back into scale modeling about 5 years ago, I had for many years thought about getting back into modeling but never really pursued it for a variety of reasons but one day I had stopped in a grocery store for some lunch and went to the magazine rack to find something to read and saw Fine Scale Modeler sitting on the rack. I paged through and was amazed at how good the models were and how the hobby had grown in the 30 years since my last model. My next step was surfing the internet to learn more and I eventually bought an Academy 1/48 P-47 for my modeling comeback. It is a good kit and I brush painted everything except the NMF which I did with a spray can. Now I build armor along with aircraft and am branching out slowly to doing figures and dioramas. My modeling has taken me back to when I was a kid and watched my dad build balsa aircraft, plastic models and the occasional diecast car then my building plastic kits as fast as I could using tube glue. I'm glad I got back into it and look forward to learning more and improving my skills. I am honored to be a part of Modelers Alliance and look forward to helping out any way I can.

Tom the honor is ours, welcome aboard...once you're in...you'll never get out!! :evil:

Welcome to the ranks Tom.
hello.gif

Tom who ? , ............ neeeeeever heard of him .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BOOM , BOOM , .............

Hey man how's it goin Tom , ........... hey wait a minute you're that guy that used to have that avatar , ........ punchin down a Miller Lite at the bar , ................. cool !!!

Back