• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

4/30/11 IPMS Fleacon, Cedar Rapids, IA

Leopard2

Anybody heading to the IPMS Fleacon Show in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on April 30? Looks like the Surgeons might be heading therein Force again.

Joe

Im quite tempted,..

iowabrit is a member of the fartin fleas so he will give us some additional info Im sure

Gammaflick is a member of the Fleas too, he's been MIA for awhile, somebody smack him if they see him!

Just got back from the Cedar Rapids Show. It was a good show with plenty of good models and good vendors. I came home with 4 awards for 4 models including a best of category for my 1/72 Dragon Kingtiger. Shopping wise I hauled the motherload home. I will try to compile a list in latest acquisitions. I also took some pics that I will post later.

Joe

Mike, I talked to Flick and he is going to shoot you an email.

Pics 4/30/11 IPMS Fleacon, Cedar Rapids, IA

Thanks James and Bob. Here are some pictures of the show. The show was held in a roped of part of an Aircraft Hangar.

IMG_0310.jpg

1/285 Scale Diorama

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

1/700 Scale PT-Boat Tender "Oyster Bay"

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

My 1/72 Kingtiger

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

Iowabrits 1/72 Italeri PT-Boat

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

Re: Pics 4/30/11 IPMS Fleacon, Cedar Rapids, IA

awww looks fanatstic

I couldnt make it in the end :(

But Im glad you had a great show Leopard

Re: Pics 4/30/11 IPMS Fleacon, Cedar Rapids, IA

Great Pix !! Ugh.... Planes :sick: Flak Bait ! ... Well at least there was some Armor there !!

Seriously ... Thanx for sharing th pix !! :D

Carl Musselman from Omaha is the guy that build the tender. Besides being an amazing modeler he is also a very down to earth guy that is more than willing to share his tricks and techniques. It is always a pleasure to talk to him at a contest.

Joe

Great pix, Joe! Congrats on the awards and shopping, glad to hear Flick is among the living! (y)

Sorry I didn't see your post before the show Andy. Yup it was an ok show. I had two models go forward for judging, the PT Boat (which is 1/35 scale not 1/72 scale BTW) and the Gun tractor & 17 Pdr A/T gun.
Just to clear things up, I havent been a paid up member of that club for several years now though I do attend some of their meetings as a guest.

Back