• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Irregular meeting of the yet named Modeling Club

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Submitting a report of the most recent irregular meeting of the yet to be named model club (and possibly the smallest one).

Meeting was called to order at about 9:30 AM at the modeling/gardening/small engine repair/plumbing and general house hold maintenance shop (A.K.A. the Garage) located at Casa Da Dogwood. Your's truly being the host for this meeting.

Mike (Iron Mike) Chris (phantomII) and I were in attendance but as we have no officers elected no one took roll or conducted any club business. There was a nice discussion of my Redneck Burglar alarms and the health of the Azaleas in the yard was had.

We also discuss at length the size of my Bone... :blink
This Bone
bone020.jpg

Mike took a couple of unauthorized photos of this meetings host while at the work bench but they were not forwarded to your reporter in time for posting. I only fear that some photoshop is being applied to said photo, if so, please remove my double chin...

Several other subjects were discussed but as we have no secretary, no notes were taken to review.

At about 10:30 the meeting was adjourned to start the road trip to the most well stocked LHS known to your reporter. After the "you better go before we go" we loaded up in the Buick and headed south.

Many topics were discussed during the trip but again, lack of secretary to record topics leaves your reporter at a loss to what we talked about..but it was lively. :D

We arrived at the Hobby Town in Augusta GA on Bobby Jones expressway at about 11:30 and was warmly greeted by Dave the owner. Mike took several pictures of the store to record just how well stocked the place is but as of post time, he has not forwarded those pictures to your reporter.

After cruising the store for well over 2 hours and discussing the various kits, tools and supplies available to us, we made our purchases and gave our complements to the staff of Dave's Hobby Town.

Following some navigation errors we found ourselves at a local restaurant for lunch and refreshments as we discussed our hauls and the finer attributes of the waitstaff of said restaurant. Very friendly service and good food was had, the refreshment was even better. Also discussed was the formation of this modeling club and what possible name we could have but no conclusion was had as we all were distracted by the friendly waitstaff... :D

Then we went to the local Hobby Lobby just to check some of the supplies that are not stocked at the previous store, the craft type supplies. At which point we loaded back up in the Buick and headed north arriving at previously mentioned meeting place to further inspect the day's purchase.

Mike took some more pictures of the meeting and I will share them now. They don't really have much to do with our shared hobby but they are really nice pictures.

IMG_3967.JPG

IMG_3965.JPG

IMG_3966.JPG

IMG_3958.JPG

Next meeting has not been schedule yet but it will be hosted at the Shelby NC location, they drove this time, I'll drive next.

Till next time, hope y'all enjoy this report as much as I enjoyed the meeting.

:mpup

The Azaleas are pretty hearty, they thrive in spite of my best efforts. Pruning will be required this year because they are getting too big again. We didn't inspect the blueberry bushes.

Sounds like you guys had a really fun bonding day.(y)
Our azaleas aren't blooming yet and are the ground hugger type,I like the bush kind myself.
We've got a fine dandy lion crop this year though.:(

Tony lee:)

Just keep them cut back Tony, everything is green when it's cut!

FLASH: More pictures are coming in!

The previously mentioned Redneck Burglar Alarm
IMG_3957.JPG

Entrance to the Hobby Town

IMG_3968.JPG

IMG_3969.JPG

We said it was well stocked.

IMG_3971.JPG

Aircraft Section, railroad section on the right

IMG_3972.JPG

Armor section, including the back wall

IMG_3970.JPG

Chris inspecting the bargain bin for a deal or two.

Terry, two hours is not enough time, I didn't even cruise over the auto section well enough.

Even though the place looks like an archeological site, it's really a fun experience to see what you can find!! :laugh: Then even more fun to see if you can remember where it was when you found it! :D There's a lot of "I'm gonna hold on to it for a bit to see if it sticks with me!" Pricing is reasonable too!

Looks like a good time. Nice flowers. Ours will be a while as it has decided to start snowing again. So when you doing a day trip up here? :laugh:
James

Looks like you had a great meeting. Love the flowers myself, another hobby. Not much blooming , or growing up here yet. Weather has been in the 50's and it's starting to rain, so maybe things will sprout soon.

LOL I have the same alarm system, black and yellow Labs.:mpup :mpup

You guys need a name Bob ...

Cheers
Rob

IMG_3974.JPG

The Back wall of Armor

Rob, I was thinking the Pirates of Anarchy Modeling Club, Nonconformist Modeling Club, the I ain't pickin' up no trash on the side of the road Modeling Club...nothing really sticking.

Pirates of the Carolinas has a ring to it. Arrrg! Or maybe The Redneck Yacht Club??? :idonno

Back