• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Alclad II Gloss Klear Kote

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this on the Alclad website the other week, now I see Sprue Brothers are showing stock. What's up with this??

From the Alclad News website
ALC 600 Aqua Gloss Clear 4oz/120ml this is a water based clear which was developed to seal Alclad Chrome and other Hi-Shine finishes-it is airbrush ready and dries in 15 minutes. Aqua Gloss Clear can also be used as a gloss coat over matte paints before decaling,canopies and clear plastic parts can be dipped in it to improve clarity Aqua Gloss Clear may be used on clean grease free plastic as a base coat for ALL Alclad metal finishes. Read Ed Kinney of IPMS/USA review here

I mean really, is Alclad re-bottling Future/Klear and marketing it? Anyone try this stuff yet?

I haven't tried it but but the photo in the IPMS review shows that it's milky in color in the bottle and the review states that it's thinner than Future and easier to use. If it dries completely in 20 minutes that's a lot quicker than future. At $8 for 4 ounces it had better be good !

They have several products, Gloss, semi matt, matt and flat...not real sure what the difference between matt and flat but it's not unlike adding the Tamiya flat base to Future to get a different finish. That might explain the milky color.

Future takes much longer to dry, I let if go at least 24, before handling as it tends to turn milky if you dont, or worse, softens with decal setting solutions.

You didn't read the fine print, the four Klear Koats are solvent based, only the Aqua Gloss clear is a water based product ! I needed some other Alclad colors so I added it to the order, if no one else chimes in I provide my 2¢ worth went I get it.

I haven't tried it but but the photo in the IPMS review shows that it's milky in color in the bottle and the review states that it's thinner than Future and easier to use. If it dries completely in 20 minutes that's a lot quicker than future. At $8 for 4 ounces it had better be good !

Shalom.

Future with an accelerator added to it perhaps?

Cheers from Peter

Back