• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Started Black Dog LRDG add on review

chris808

Hi all

I have started a bit of a review because the weather here is awful and I have some spare time .
The service from Firefly models UK was first class and the price was the cheapest of the 3 UK agents.

The items arrived packed well and I a box with picture art on the front,there were breakages when I checked what was a large amount of gray resin add ons including 2 photo etched sand plates.
The moulding was very good and the detail sharp and clear, and makes you want to crack on with the painting ,I must add that you should not order these items if you are about to move and will not be able to put brush to paint for a number of weeks as the level of frustration is very intense ...lol also don't open the box...lol.
Joking apart i am very pleased with this purchase and lends itself very well to the SAS/LRDG Jeep and the LRDG Chevy Truck,and i feel that these two models have been given a very worthy new lease of life with the number of figures add ons that have come on the market,and depicts the British/Common Wealth contribution
I have placed the large truck cargo in the back of the LRDG chevy that i am in the process of doing.

DSC05662.jpg

DSC05654.jpg

DSC05656.jpg

DSC05657.jpg

DSC05658.jpg

DSC05659.jpg

DSC05660.jpg

DSC05662.jpg

DSC05663.jpg

DSC05664.jpg

DSC05671.jpg

DSC05665.jpg

DSC05667.jpg

DSC05670.jpg

Had a go at making the ariel for i think it was called the wyndem arial cut some poles then from the pics on the LRDG site had a fiddle around to try and copy from the picture.

DSC05679.jpg

DSC05679.jpg

DSC05678.jpg

Hope you guys have found this first part has been of interest.

Cheers Chris

That looks pretty cool. Seems like a lot of stuff to be carting around though. Mouldings do look very crisp. Thanks for sharing.
James

Back