• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS International Convention 2011

panzerace007

amps_2011_logo_web_1_20101216_1781097500.jpg

This is the AMPS INTERNATIONAL SHOW for 2011 as I see it,

As I understand it the Schedule is as Follows .... Any one related to the Show Feel free to correct

April 6 - V.I.P. Tour of the Marine Corps Museum with a Special Tour of some of the Storage facilities on site. This Museum is Beyond Awesome !! Feel free to take a Virtual Tour at this link. This IS A MUST NOT MISS tour !!!

http://www.usmcmuseum.com/index.asp

April 7 - V.I.P. Tour of the VMMV( Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles)- This also is a MUST NOT MISS TOUR !! All of the Armor in this collection are Runners, meaning that all of these tanks(from WW II- COLD War) are Driven !! To have an opportunity like this, especially if you do not live in the Old Dominion is a Once in a lifetime chance to get up close & personal to your Favorite Armor !!

http://www.vmmv.org/

Both of these Tours will fill up quick & you will have a chance to reserve your spot in January when Registration Opens for the Show. Don't hesitate as space IS LIMITED & "tickets" will go Fast !!

APRIL 8 - This is the Kick off to the Show as you know it. I believe the doors will open to the Public at either 9am or 12 noon ( this will be confirmed as the date gets closer)

April 9 - The Show opens at 12 noon ( again Confirmation will be posted soon)

The Show Theme will be MARINE ARMOR (All Eras, All Nations )

This particular Show sets all types of Precedents! This is the 1st time since the Shows inception that you will be able to get Lodging at the Venue! As the Location is the Fredericksburg Hospitality House http://www.fredericksburghospitalityhouse.com/ Those of you that attended the recent Region 2 I.P.M.S. show, it's at the same location. Book your rooms early this will fill up. There are also Two great Restaurants easily less than 100 yards from the Hotel - The Olive Garden & Joe's Crab Shackhttp://www.joescrabshack.com/locations/store/default.aspx?store=87
The Hotel also offers a Pub & restaurant on site ( Shannon's Bar & Grille{Irish PUB}, & LEDO's Pizza)

Also in the 17 year history there are two Great ( I can not stress how AWESOME these 2 tours are)V.I.P. tours scheduled for this Event. Of course there will be the "Golden Palace of Styrene" commonly know as the Vendor Room ! Everything you could Possible Want & Need for your Armor/Figure/Diorama building needs. Vendors will be confirmed at a later date .... Stay Tuned !!

Of course there is also the Vaunted Seminar List of Lecturers that will be announced soon. Past shows have seen the likes of Ron Volstad,Steve Zaloga,& Taesung Harmms to name a few. This years Lecturers will not disappoint and will range from Modeling Demos - Industry Giants !! You will not want to miss !

Of course Feel Free to visit US at our Home site http://www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/default.aspx for the latest Updates & The Only place to register for the Show starting in January of 2011 !!!!

I will definitely be there .... will you ? Hope to see ALL of you there & make new Friends, see some Old Friends & put a lot of faces with the names that Grace these Forums on a Daily Basis .... Oh Yeah ... & See some of the Best Armor Models/Dioramas in America !! One other note. One Good way to get an Up close & personal look at some of these Great Models is to be an amps judge. It's easy to do & there will be a seminar on Friday to get all volunteers acquainted with the AMPS Judging System ..... Set Your calender now ..... April 6th-9th Armor Modelers Heaven !!! Fredericksburg Virginia !!!

ERIK

Since Erik is making the road trip to Atlanta...I think I might be able to make the road trip to Fredricksburg. I'll pass on the Joes Crab House, got to be a better place to eat seafood in Fredricksburg...

MOONIE,

They do, but that's more of a N.C. type of BBQ

http://www.allmansbarbeque.com/ - We here in th Old Dominion do more of a Molasses / spice Rub on th BBQ It falls off th bone & melts in your Mouth. It's so good you'll smack ya' Momma ! :D Plus Allman's is right up th Road from th Venue by a few Minutes & will be worth th Trip although Ribs aren't ready until after 3 pm.

http://www.virginiawind.com/virginia_travel/fredericksburg.asp

Check this link here. I almost forgot. You can bring the Wifey & let them loose in Old Town Fred-Vegas( as th locals call it) to go Antique shopping !

ERIK

OK who's in who's out? Glenn's going be haulin' his New England crew down in his Dodge. I'm seriously thinking of showing up on Friday and leaving Sunday AM.

Rob you said your Wife's birthday is that weekend, what better birthday could there be than to go to Virginia? Virginia is for Lovers right?

Mike, Chris, that's almost a Day trip for you guys. Who's in?

Check this link here. I almost forgot. You can bring the Wifey & let them loose in Old Town Fred-Vegas( as th locals call it) to go Antique shopping !

ERIK

You don't know what you just did! :blink

MOONIE,

DID I just screw you guys? :blink I posted that thinking if any one had trouble going they could mention it to Their Wifey ... Oops ! :D

OH .......

DID I mention that Friday will be My 40th Birthday ? :evil: :D It will coincided with th Usual Mixer/Par-ty that will be held at Shannon's PUB ( in th hotel) It will be a BLAST !

ERIK

Hey Moonie, I was thinking maybe sending her on vacation to visit her family in Germany in the next few months. Then I could make the road trip to VA with the guys:D . Well atleast it sounds good.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Rob , as this road trip gets closer to April , I'll need to book us some rooms .

My son's all for it .

You and Ken right ?

I want to be able to stay at the convention hotel so we can eat , drink and sleep within cat swinging distance .
Also what's the layover plan .
You and Ken have to get up pretty early to get here to my house , ..... so we can hit the road and get to F-Berg as early as possible .
I'm thinking Friday night , Saturday night and Sunday night , ......... we leave check-out time [ or earlier ] Monday morn ?

Or we can do Friday and Saturday and leave Sunday morn , ....... depends on the cost of the rooms .

Do we need two whole days looking at the show ?

It's up to you guys , ....... I'm in for two or three nights .

It's about 6 hrs. from my house , is two nights too short , ........... don't really want to rush down there just to turn around and come home , ......... ?

Here's what we're planning, arrive Friday evening, maybe to late for meet and greet. Sat do the show thing and then depart later Sunday evening. I haven't tested my drive times yet so I don't know what time we'll leave Sunday. More later.

CHEYENNE,

Don't wait too long to book th Rooms as They will fill fast. Any of you Guys AMPS members ? Meaning if you are Members of the International Club ( $35.00 USD) I believe you will get a discount on the Room(s) .... I think ... don't quote me . I think it's a discount substantial to their regular rate. It Might even be like $75 ( USD) a night. I won't be able to tell un til after th 1st. of Jan.

ROB - C'mon Brotha' Send th Wifey away & Come on down to th Old Dominion !! I know you have a lot of factors involved ... Hopefully they all align & you will be able to make it !

ERIK

Well I have update. I don't want to say my Bride did not want to go, she would go, but she would also be "miserable", her words. So, in the spirit of compromise she has told me to go ahead (I'm taking the Buick) and have a good time.

So the travel plans have changed. I'll likely leave Pre Dawn on Friday and make much better time up to Fredricksburg. The Mappoint is telling me it'll take 487 miles in 8:15 hours...ptttthhh!! I know I can shave an hour off that at least. That'll put me there late afternoon. Meet ya at the bar! :mpup

All day Sat and head out Sunday.

MOONIE,

YEAH ! :ro: Bet on that. I'll see ya at th BAR !! I'll have th longest hair there ! lol (y)

5370_1146305949309_1577341353_1580210_1536742_n.jpg

That's me in th shades. I think th Photographer called Us Armor Geeks ! :evil:

I won't be hard to miss at th Show. I'll have on some AMPSCV shirt. .... I would wear a Modeler's Alliance T-Shirt ... but :idonno :D

ERIK

Holy Cripes! What a motley crew...

grrr.jpg

And someone said I was hangin' with the wrong crowd...
Vegas '04, just more grey, maybe a bit thinner I would like to think...

I'm an AMPS member Erik, so if this is doable for me I can give my membership number or whatever.

Glenn, jam us all in one room if we can all make it, I'll sleep on the floor if I have to, I don't care. As long as I have a place to shower I'm happy.

As far as waking up early, nah, we just wont go to sleep, if we leave at midnight and get there for seven or whatever it takes, we can sleep while you drive the next seven.

I'm hoping but things are going to have to really shine bright for me over the next few weeks to be able to save the scratch.

Fingers crossed.

Man this all sound great. Ken we have to make this happen some how. Have to figure out the $$ and trans part of it. Hmmm :hmmm I should maybe build a model to bring and enter in the show.

Ken we need to get together and talk.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Back