• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Preview: AMK 1/48th F-14D Super Tomcat

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
I usually don't 'unbox' a kit but this one is a Jenga puzzle to place back, so I took photos:

AMK88007F14D00.JPG

AMK88007F14D01.JPG

AMK88007F14D02.JPG

AMK88007F14D03.JPG

AMK88007F14D04.JPG

AMK88007F14D05.JPG

AMK88007F14D06.JPG

AMK88007F14D07.JPG

AMK88007F14D08.JPG

The rest of the photos will be of the contents.

Regards,

How much is that doggie in the window? And how does it compare to the Tamiya kit? Looks real nice. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

How much is that doggie in the window? And how does it compare to the Tamiya kit?

Gary, I had a pre-order price but wasn't charged since I helped with development. Truth is, I never bought the Tamiya kit as I only know of one sharkmouth scheme and I was aware that AMK had Furball Designs producing their sheet with the information I provided. I still need to inspect the sprue trees.

Regards,

All that for 1:48? :popcorn

The truth is that there aren't that many parts as slide and multi-part molds are in effect. however, there are loads of ordnance in very well designed trees. You will see when I post the photos.

Regards,

Having built the Tamiya F-14 and going through my AMK F-14 it looks really nice. The quality is on par with the Tamiya, and I love the decal options with AMK. Options to build with the airbrake and the spoilers, very nice.

The AMK is definitely cheaper than Tamiya and love the way AMK did their weapons.

I cannot comment yet on the build quality of AMK, but if it builds the way it looks, should be a great kit.

Some say the dimensions are off in the rear, I don't know all about that. If it look like a duck, flies like a duck, it's a damn duck.

One thing for sure, you could develop and mold the perfect model and some yahoo would find a problem with it.

I for one really look forward to this build, it's going to be a great 2020 for model building.

Back