• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dspiae Multi Angle Sander

jknaus

Administrator
I've been asked about the Dspiae Multi Angle Sander I recently bought. I've done a review of a number of other Dspiae tools and like them this one is no slouch. Well made and crafted I think they are very much worth the price. If you want to start collecting tools these are a good choice and I'm sure will last quite some time.
The sander comes in a very sturdy heavy cardboard box. All their tools do and they have foam inserts so the tools wont be damaged. It is the customary red anodized aluminum and quite sturdy. This one had minimal assembly and everything you need right from the box. The sanding shuttle (thats what I'm calling it) seems to be a heavy plastic or maybe nylon. It fits on a ridge with the name facing up. You can apply sand paper on either side so I'll do a coarse and a medium I think. The paper that comes with it is aluminum alloy. Simple to use it works very well.

h135c606_2019-12-24.JPG

h3c0a151.JPG

h35253e2.JPG

h9054a5f.JPG

I cut a piece of styrene with the RP miter blade which is also a fantastic tool and then sanded a slightly different angle.

hbadbada.JPG

h72cd483.JPG

Then I put it on edge and sanded a 45 degree bevel. Worked very nicely. Maybe a bigger grit would have been better to start though. I used the enclose 600 grit paper.
The results look pretty good I think.

h0447c7b.JPG

hb6b21f7.JPG

h50ceda9.JPG

h29e0479.jpg

I bought this at my favourite ebay seller who stocks all these tools. for $39.00 U.S. plus shipping. Very good price I feel. I just saw they have a roller tool which I will look at buying as well as the hold and fold which seems to have a number of extra angles. Maybe I'm biased but I cant see how anyone can go wrong buying these tools. I have not seen this one in the regular stores but I know BNA from Australia and Sprue Brothers is selling them. And Meng also sells the tools rebranded to their name.

Sorry for some of the pics being upside down. Next year I'll have to buy another one of these thats right side up so I can do the whole 360 degrees of sanding :rotf :drinks
James

Sorry for some of the pics being upside down. Next year I'll have to buy another one of these thats right side up so I can do the whole 360 degrees of sanding :rotf :drinks
James

:blink :silly: :rotf

Thanks James, looks nice! Maybe next year we'll be posting from mobile devices with ease. :coolio

Back