• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Fine and Flat tip Tweezers

Thanks for the write up Paul. Always appreciate a professional's opinion on tools. :drinks

Thanks Chris, that is why I did this post. Most hobby grade tweezers can be pretty marginal. The tips are part launchers from the git-go. They can be made into decent tools with just a little work. Follow that link as it gives a step-by-step way to do it. The bad part is when a pair of tweezers requires too much pressure to close them. In that case it can become easy to damage or launch a part. Tweezers that take minimal pressure allow you to "feel" the part when it is picked up and helps to keep from squeezing too hard.

Bob I am not real sure what you are referring to, the MENG tweezers are hobby grade, but are more expensive than other tweezers that would probably work better. For folks that don't know any better they would probably work OK, but the slightly rounded edges and pick up surfaces that are not perfectly smooth with a slight grain could give folks problems.

No matterthe source, all tweezers will need some corrective rework to make them, or keep them really useable.

Paul, a list of recommended tweezers (brands/models) would go a long way to completing the article. ;) Thanks for this, I learned quite a bit!

Regards,

OK Saul, I will see what I can come up with, and give some links. As with anything on the internet though it can be questionable about what you will end up with.

I will go to some real jewelry suppliers and check them out. They are usually real good about how they describe and show the tools they sell. I have bought some excellent tweezers off ebay as well, but that can be a gamble.

Back