• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: Airfix 48 P-51D Mustang

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
AirfixA05131P51D00.jpg

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeAfront.JPG

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeArear.JPG

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeB.JPG

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeCfront.JPG

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeCrear.JPG

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeDfront.JPG

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeDrear.JPG

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeE1.JPG

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeE2.JPG

AirfixA05131P51DSprueTreeXtras.JPG

This is actually better in fidelity that Tamiya's or Hasegawa's 48th scale effort. The Meng one is also excellent but simplified due to the 'no glue' approach. Now, with the new Eduard Brassin items it is truly the best (until Eduard releases their kit in 2020). The only slight profile error is attended to by the Eduard control surfaces replacement. The rudder, and the area ahead of it on the fuselage, are missing the taper.

Eduard64836P51D.JPG

some PE for the exterior:

Eduard48930P-51DAirfix.JPG

Regards,

Thanks Saul.

And I did just acquire a decal sheet w/ several D-Day Deltas..... :hmmm

Airfix i'm not scared of but you go first on the Brassin. :popcorn

Yes, that's right, tempt me to start another project! :smack
:rotf :yipee

Regards,

Just to see if the brassin' fits, they got history you know. :bang head

OK Bob, I will test fit the largests items (cockpit) as the rest are add ons from the outside.

I will be getting rid of the decals (except for the stencils and national markings)... no sharkmouth schemes on them so, any takers? Since I can cut them to fit an envelope and I have some ancient stamps to use up, it will be completely free and posted anywhere by me. All I ask is that you use them. ;) I'll even toss in a sheet from Meng's Mustang as well.

Regards,

Back