• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Italeri F7F-3 Tigercat

Thanks for this Gary, great looking aircraft. Might be somehting I could build if I ever see my bench again. (y)

It doesn't look like they updated those props to me, at least anyway. it looks as if they were pusher type props and somebody heated the shank and twisted the blades in the opposite direction. Still, as you pointed out, this is still a nice kit for its age.

Are you building it Gary ? This would be the airplane that I can remember from my childhood ( The real thing ) .

Curious what the movie was but it was about entrepreneurs that bough surplus airplanes and flew them out from a desert storage place .

There was a taxiway just line with the two seaters and all of them sitting on their tail. Didn't even have a clue what they were ... and they were blue.

So much for childhood . Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Christian, not building it at the moment but I'm eyeing it as a possible stress reliever for a couple of builds that are whipping my arse ! I don't recall ever seeing the movie you referenced but it sounds interesting.

According to my reference it was not uncommon for these aircraft to assume a tail sitting position prior to being fueled so apparently the center of gravity was very close to the main gear center line.

f7f-tailsitter.jpg

Yup , I suspect that some fuel was required . I have a two seater made by Octopus but I would not dare think it would be stress relief . Beautiful bird though .

Cheers, Christian B)

Like I said at the beginning of the review it was the kit that stigmatized an entire generation against the use of rubber or vinyl tires.

Like I said at the beginning of the review it was the kit that stigmatized an entire generation against the use of rubber or vinyl tires.

Never had it but still have the 1/72 scale version on the shelve . Awaiting replacement.

It had some issues as well other than my poor modeling skills :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Back