• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hope It Don't Snow Contest, 2 February 2019

Rhino

Super Moderator
Stewartville, Minnesota. 2 February 2019.
Who among us will brave The Elements to attend the warm Gemutlischkeiten of the Zumbro Valley Modelers contest?

https://calendar.ipmsusa3.org/event/hope-it-dont-snow-show-3

I will be there.
It has become a tradition at the Miller household.
Cinda and I drive up with another couple from the club and make a day of it.
Going to have to find a new place to eat, though.
We will see if the cafe downtown is still open, cannot remember the name.
Frank

I agree with what Sherman said. I was to see pics. Can't make it myself since it's too far from Cali, but I'll be thrilled to live vicariously through your pics.

There is a 2 day show in Chattanooga today and tomorrow the 12th at the convention center. Really thought about going, but am on a mission to pay off my credit card and should be able to drop it 50% this payment. If I can keep being a good boy it should be at 0 by March or April at the latest. :woohoo:

Then I can buy some shelves that I really want and save up for Wonderfest in Louisville June 1st and 2nd, and the Nationals in Chattanooga August 7-10.

Thanks Bob! With a couple of extra things that happened I managed to get it just under 40% of what it was. :woohoo:

Don't be too thrilled it is still a fair chunk, but it is to the manageable size now. Dad-burn doctor bills.

I drove the White-Knuckle Fever trip home from Marion today. I must comment that the weather dose not look like it will fit the "Hope It Don't Snow" show title for next week-end.
Still, The Accu-hunch Weather-Guess, brought to us all by Hy-Vee, Price Chopper and Fareway food stores could change in a moments notice.

Pictures will be posted if the Mission is a Go.

I am driving up to Lancaster PA area the last week of Feb and first week of March with the weekend between. Might even take a couple of vacation days after and do something fun.

Anyone in that area, or anything going on?

That's only about 5 hours away from me here in Saratoga ;)

I think you're close to Elmira/Corning...there used to be a warplane museum there...not sure if it's still there...we did go to an amazing Amish restaurant in Lancaster a few years back...amazing Shoo-fly pie!!

I hope it Don't snow in Pennsylvania either! Remember to get some fresh chocolate bars while you're in the neighborhood!
:stinker
:pp

I am sorry to confess that we didn't make it to Hope It Don't Snow. I was struck down by a pestilence. It seemed unwise to travel. The fever broke last night, but we missed one of the most fun shows of the Region 5 show season.

I'm hoping Frank will post a few of his pictures and regale us with tales of model fun from Up North.

Okay, I guess I am the surrogate photographer.
Missed Chris up in Rochester yesterday.
Fog and warm temperatures for the drive up and back, no snow.
Getting into the mindset of Chris, here are a few that I feel he would have photographed.
hde5a316.jpg

hf44d80a.jpg

h22e50dd.jpg

hc7c9a13.jpg

hf4efc83.jpg

had244e5.jpg

hadebb8b.jpg

h6c6ddb0.jpg

hffc4f20.jpg

h419050c.jpg

hcfe83ce.jpg

h20c7eaa.jpg