• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2018 Pearl Harbor Ceremony

Rhino

Super Moderator
2018's Ceremony was attended by Families of Pearl Harbor survivors. Iowa has just one Pearl Harbor veteran left, but at just over 100 years of age, I didn't blame him for staying warm.

hb8bb78d.JPG

hd765974.JPG

h721cf8a.JPG

h4117401.JPG

The US Marine ROTC unit from North High School were well lead and sharp, adding to the reverence of this date's honor

h23b5b71.JPG

Lew Boers was my Friend. His daughter read a poem.

Jim Garrison came from the Governor's office in Her stead to read the Governor's Proclamation. He seemed to suffer a touch of stage fright. Channel 13 news was on hand to record the Ceremony as well. No Newscaster to ham it up, just a silent cameraman.

h4ab4332.JPG

Leo Greenwood's kids, of Dubuque, Iowa, came to lay a wreath on the memorial in his name. A letter from President George H.W. Bush, written to Mr. Greenwood in 2001 was read aloud.
I found that interesting.
A heart warming event for Veterans and families despite the chilly weather.

My work duties were great this day. I could not tary any longer.
:salute :eek:ldguy

Back