• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/1 scale USS Billings LCS-15

Rhino

Super Moderator
Picture credits to my friend Mark Karolus. Resident of Wisconsin's frozen wastes and ship model reviewer extraordinaire'
USS Billings, LCS-15 Lake Michigan shake-down cruise.

Making port at Manitowoc, Wisconsin with a coat of ice.

h89c8bd9.JPG

h11d83ee.JPG

h6991b3a.JPG

h63c3e13.JPG

hf6de61d.JPG

Mark points out that even though the crew of USS Billings appears to be loading blue porta-potties onto the Helo deck, LCS-15 is flying the red B "I am taking on or discharging explosives" signal flag.
A new, super-secret littoral weapons system, perhaps?
Thanks Mark for sharing!

Brrr man!

Listing a bit and they really don't look that big do they? Check out the (presumably) Aux power plant exhaust stains on the side. That or port proton torpedo hatch. :geek

Mark sent me some cool pictures of USS Billings. I could not help but share them!
An interesting and clever Man!
He repairs and cleans the ship models at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum for free!
Explosive porta-potties? What does the Navy eat these days?! :rotf

h5c12731.jpg

He sent this one too! The view through USS Cobia's attack 'scope! "
Flood tubes 1 & 3. Open outer doors on 1 & 3. This is a shooting observation. Range, Mark! Bearing, Mark! Fire 1. Fire 3."
The Mk.13's will probably miss even at this range. :idonno

Thanks for looking in!

Back