• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Under Development at Wingnut Wings

RichB

Word is spreading across the internet out of the Tokyo Hobby Show that Wingnut Wings are working on a 1/32 Lancaster B.I/III and B.III Dambuster for release in 2019. Brett Green has confirmed this with his contacts at Wingnut HQ.

Cheers,
Rich

I was just over on Largescale planes (my other home) it’s all the rage over there! It’s a good time to be building 1/32 4 engine bombers.... not so good for the wallet but, it’ll get over it I’m sure

So they are going to diversify. Not a bad thing but it will be interesting to see their first WW2 aircraft. I believe HK is also "working" on a Lancaster, but they have been doing that for quite a number of years now.

I have a feeling this will be a one off aberration a direct result of Peter Jackson's Dambuster movie work. He did build several 1:1 mock ups of Lancasters for use in his yet to be made Dambusters movie. I suspect a lot of research and cad work was done for those.

I thought the movie had been canned.

It is great news that they are moving out of the WWI genera. :popcorn

A picture is louder then an thousand words.

he684e05.jpg

h51523e7.jpg

B)

The third kit announced for late 2018 release is a late model Halberstadt Cl.II to follow on from the early version announced earlier in 2018.

Cheers,
Rich

Not that I can find any reference to any where I think it's just a case of not wasting all the time and research that went into making the 1:1 replicas for the movie. Supposedly a Lanc in a museum in New Zealand was laser scanned for those so I suspect a lot of cad data was derived from that.

Here is a photo of one of the replicas built for the movie

2383807.jpg

Some photos of the replica parts being put into to storage can be seen here

Replicas in pieces

Supposedly five full sized replicas were made for the movie.

Are you talking about masking for all that glazing? If so I’d agree... strongly agree even!
Started yet?
Done yet?
Now?
How bout now?
Now?
Typical modeller hey

Are you talking about masking for all that glazing? If so I’d agree... strongly agree even!
Started yet?
Done yet?
Now?
How bout now?
Now?
Typical modeller hey

I only do camouflage. I can't afford to buy every kit just for the canopy to make a master.

Back