• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BIG Paint News

From Mr. Jimenez....

Due to the confusion that is being created with the recent reappearance of Mig Productions, I wanted to explain some facts to all my friends and followers to clarify this chapter:

1) In 2002 I created my first company, Mig Productions, dedicated to making pigments and resins. MIG was and is my NAME and at the age of 10 I signed my works and drawings as MIG PRODUCTIONS. The red star symbolized my passion for Russia. In 2009, as a result of my break-up, Mig Productions became property of my former ex-wife. Years later and under this new management in which I was not already involved, the company ended up being closed and disappearing.

2) During that time at Mig Productions, I developed the ABTEILUNG 502 brand for a line of oil paints. This brand was transferred to the paint manufacturer of Mig Productions, due to the good relationship that existed.

3) At the end of 2009, since I no longer had any relationship with Mig Productions, I started a new project by founding the brand AK Interactive together with my former friend. I made for this company a new image, design, range of products, books and DVDs among other activities. In 2013, and without any previous notice, my friend got rid of me and all my work and effort stayed there. Sometime later, AK Interactive acquired my old brand ABTEILUNG 502 and recently, Mig Productions has also been acquired by it. So now all the brands I made in the past are managed by the same person.

4) At the end of 2013 I started my new and better brand of modelling products together with my wife Elizabeth Wiese and my friend Carlos Cuesta (who had been with me since Mig Productions time). All three of us are symbolized by the three bullets in the AMMO logo. AMMO is my company, the last and definitive one, and it has become the best professional project of my life. In this new stage we have improved and corrected mistakes from the past, and in just 4 years and thanks to your support and our extensive experience and in knowing exactly what and how to make the products, AMMO has established itself strongly in the world of modelling.

5) The three bullets AMMO logo is for AMMO division as a distributor of plastic models and other products, and belongs to AMMO of Mig Jimenez.
ACTUALLY I have no relation of any kind with my previous brands; I am not involved with my previous companies or with professional projects of the past; I have not returned from anywhere because I never left; and I have not come back to any place because I have always been here, in my company, in AMMO for more than 4 years.

And although my name is still being used for the benefit of others, my name is and will always remain MIG and in the future I will only be within AMMO. I would like to give many thanks to all of you who have supported me for so many years, in the worst and best moments of my life. We can meet on the only genuine site of a lifetime dedicated to the passion for modeling: www.migjimenez.com or on all the social networks of AMMO of Mig Jiménez: @AMMOMIG. Thank you for sharing this post on your wall to keep others from getting confused, and for supporting the work of a lifetime dedicated to innovating and helping modelers.
Thank you all!

That's the gist of it....

I believe either his ex or someone with controlling interest is buying up everything associated with his name to make a buck and he's trying to distance himself from all that and keep his own business free and clear but you're right, it's just a crappy situation.

Me too Pup but I think I know who his use to be friend is,does his use to be friend now own all his use to be products?????

I havn't bought any of his past products since he washed his hand of it.

Some of us old farts never forget :eek:ldguy

Uncle Tony :D

I don't know UT, it's hard for me to keep up on that soap opera. I think I know some of the characters but I'll just sit on the side line.

That's the gist of it....

I believe either his ex or someone with controlling interest is buying up everything associated with his name to make a buck and he's trying to distance himself from all that and keep his own business free and clear but you're right, it's just a crappy situation.

Back in the day when I used to bring MIG in direct from Spain, almost every conversation with him included him explaining how bad of a businessman he was.

I don't mean that in a bad way, it's kind of the norm for creative people. The idea gets fleshed out, creative doesn't really know how or cares to get involved in the business end, just wants to create new ideas. After a while when there is enough success, the zero sum businessman sees no reason to share with the creative end and finds a way to cut them loose. How many times do you think the phrase 'I could get anyone to do what you do' has been uttered?

Look at Apple. Jobs made superior hardware, but held it tight because it was his baby. There was only one limited license for a clone for a short while. Gates gave away the hardware, charged for the software. MS blows up, becoming a behemoth, Apple fires Jobs, goes bankrupt. Eventually Jobs comes back, Apple explodes with the iPod. Creates the smart phone, Jobs dies and now Apple is kind of too big to fail but isn't innovating much anymore either.

Back