• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

More Dspiae tools

jknaus

Administrator
Just found some new DSPIAE tools. I have the circle cutter, drill, and nippers so far as well as a tool caddy. The 2 new tools out are for holding your glue and one to help the circle cutter work better.

hd731dde.jpg

h6e87688.jpg

h79e985a.jpg

and for the circle cutter

h5453915.jpg

hbe1f1cd.jpg

h7ee9cbc.jpg

h85809c2.jpg

h11849b0.jpg

I'll let you know what they are like when they arrive.
James

So it's a jig to align the cutter. :hmmm
Exactly. I think for when you are making roundels. This will give you spacing and alignment to make it easier to maintain the correct width. Might be an utter waste of time but we'll see.
As for the glue holder, it is like the glue holder in the caddy. Has good weight and fits a Tamiya glue bottle nicely so there is less chance to knock over your adhesives. I like it in my caddy but the tools interfere with it a bit. A separate one should be just what I need. I also tried a Gunze Mr Surfacer bottle in the caddy and it fits.
James

The jig looks good to me James.

Had a thought about the holder for the solvent glue, add a small glob of silly putty in the bottom and the bottle will be heald securely. That is what I use with my holder for the glue and CA accelerant bottles. Holds them tight so I can tighten and unscrew the caps but will turn loose when I want to remove the bottle.

I actually made something similar to the glue holder using Sintra PVC sign board and a small lazy susan. Mine holds two bottles of Tamiya glue and a small CA glue bottle.

If there is enough interest I could do a review on all of their tools except the ruler and mats. I am pleased with them. So speak up so I know if there is interest or not.
James

If there is enough interest I could do a review on all of their tools except the ruler and mats. I am pleased with them. So speak up so I know if there is interest or not.
James

I'm saying;pretty please with sugar on top,James! :cheer:

You can always find me at the Breveco stand at model shows,to check out the "Disp Yeah!" products.
(I've got permission from Corien from Breveco to call DSPIAE just Disp Yeah) :D

Back