• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Earl's Speed & Custom. Gaffney SC.

Rhino

Super Moderator
Earl Almond owns a modest Speed & Custom auto repair shop in Gaffney, SC. Mr. Almond himself is a huge racing fan. For us as modelers, Earl's place is a treasure trove of model car kits!!

h39e3d20.JPG

h26e4b9f.JPG

h5c28b11.JPG

hab223b1.JPG

h9718ad8.JPG

h8fd176f.JPG

heb2ba81.JPG

h152dfb6.JPG

h03e385a.JPG

On the other side of the showroom tires can be found.

Then if you ask Earl, you can go upstairs where the model car junkyard is, and other treasures to discover!

hbe1a4ed.JPG

he04c4a5.JPG

h8206795.JPG

h0c0be23.JPG

h47a3074.JPG

h2744e52.JPG

h5f25863.JPG

h448654d.JPG

h4adb476.JPG

Mr. Earl Almond embodies more of the amazing Southern hospitality I enjoyed so much of on my Dixie Flyer trip this spring. The only way I can think of that this trip might have been bettered was if Lonnie Anderson or Raquel Welch had come along to "decorate" the voyage!

Given the chilly temps, rain storms and tornaders in NC, Mrs. Trent commented that perhaps my vacation trip should be renamed "The Yankee Blizzard" this season. :rotf I DID feel right at home. :dance
Mike found a rare, discontinued, Gasser model kit he had been seeking. After much deliberation, I picked up AMT's 1964 Mercury Marauder 3-in-1 kit.

It was a fine day out for the Trents & myself. We also discovered one other pivotal bit of local information!

h3fb2c43.JPG

When the 2018 Peach Festival begins!!!

Thanks for looking in!

You couldn't afford it, unless you bought the tire shop with it. He tried to sell the store to Michelle, she turned him down. :laugh:

Earl's is kind of a well known secret 'round these parts, make sure your tetanus booster is up to date before you climb the stairs. He'll tell you right up front he really doesn't want to sell any of the models and you sure don't want to try to buy the last of any kit. I did manage to bring home a coveted kit, at a reasonable price.

We had a fine time, glad you could come to visit. Let's not make it so long between visits, ya hear?

:drinks

Back