• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

News from Wingnut Wings

RichB

Wingnuts will be at the Scale Model Expo in Upper Hutt, Wellington, NZ on 21 & 21 April. They will have a limited number of pre-release Junkers D1's available (1 per customer). It will be released on 24 April. They will also have some warehouse finds of sold out kits, again available 1 per customer.

As a tease, they hope to have an announcement ready for the Show. If not then, it will be made at the Shizouka show on 10-14 May.

Cheers,
Rich

We've been educated by them about the obscure and not so obscure. When do we get a Newport, Spad or the DR1?

I had a 1/32 scale vac kit of the Do335 for years. Always just held off. Finally there was another guy online that started building his. Was doing a great job, but then HK announced theirs and Zoki Mura did theirs. I think there are four or five Do335 kits now in 1/32.

Never fails.

I personally would love to see a Caproni Ca3 bomber.

1200px-Caproni_Ca36_050309-F-1234P-003.jpg

Copper State Models who have just released a Lanchester

Baner.jpg

are making a 1/32 Nieuport 17 to be released soon.

hab4f403.jpg

h25247f5.jpg

Paul, I've been up close to that Ca-3 a number of times, I love how the fuel tanks are contoured on the front to form the seat backs for the pilots and that rear gunners position above the rear engine and only inches from the prop :woohoo: It took some really brave souls to go up in those old kites ! :salute

The Junkers D.I releases world wide tomorrow (24 Apr).

Development kits announced last weekend and scheduled to be released this year:

32601 1/32 Albatros D.V “Manfred von Richthofen” US$TBC
-Plastic parts the same as sold out model 32009 Albatros D.V.
-1/32 (54mm) resin figure sculpted by Mike Good available exclusively in this model.
-High quality Cartograf decals for 5 Albatros D.V and bonus for Roden Albatros D.III & Fokker Dr.1.

32603 1/32 Fokker E.II “Max Immelmann” US$TBC
-Plastic parts the same as sold out model 32018 Fokker E.II/E.III Early.
-1/32 (54mm) resin figure sculpted by Mike Good available exclusively in this model.
-High quality Cartograf decals for Fokker E.II 37/15, Feldfleiger Abteilung 62, October to November 1915.

32606 1/32 AMC DH.2 “Lanoe Hawker” US$TBC
-Plastic parts the same as sold out model 32028 AMC DH.2.
-High quality Cartograf decals for AMC DH.2 5964, 24sqn RFC, November 1916.

32607 1/32 Sopwith Triplane “Raymond Collishaw” US$TBC
-Plastic parts the same as sold out model 32008 Sopwith Triplane.
-High quality Cartograf decals for Sopwith Triplane N533 “C”, 10 Sqn RNAS, July 1917.

Another announcement is planned for the Shizouka Hobby Show in May.

Cheers,
Rich

I suspect that all of those will be quick sells. The triplane has been out of production now for a bit and if I remember correctly it sold out fairly quickly.

I would be interested in the Albatros and the Sopwith Triplane kits myself.

They finally doing figures now, they have been teasing it since they opened the website. I might jump on that triplane.

Kit 32049 under development for release later in 2018.........

Haberstadt CL.II

Halberstadt.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

I am behind 2 current WNW kits and it looks like they will be waiting a little longer as I now need to pay for a giant HPH kit. :facepalm

Copper State Models who have just released a Lanchester

Baner.jpg

are making a 1/32 Nieuport 17 to be released soon.

hab4f403.jpg

h25247f5.jpg

James, i haven't heard of CMS kits before. they look good though. Are they expensive and how do you think their planes will stack up against Wingnuts now that Wingnut prices have become so expensive?

Ian

It is an older company that used to be owned by a guy in Arizona. I believe he sold it to some folks in Europe and they have been doing some fine quality stuff since then.

Been a while since I checked them out. I believe they have some really nice WWI figures done for many of the WNW kits.

Back