• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A new Large Star Trek Kit from Polar Lights

Heavens Eagle

Finally after many years the Klingons get their first large scale kit, the 1/350 scale K'Tinga. This is of the 3 battle-cruisers that were destroyed at the beginning of the first Star Trek movie.

This kit will be about 2 feet long. Not nearly as large as the 3 Enterprise kits. While a nicely detailed resin kit has been available for many years, this one will be injection molded and should come in at about $99.

Here are some photos of the 3D printed prototype. As a scale reference, the grey cylinder under the rear hull is a spray paint can lid.

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_01.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_02.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_03.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_04.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_05.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_06.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_07.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_08.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_09.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_10.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_11.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_12.jpg

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_13.jpg

There is also some talk about a lighting kit for it. As the other Star Trek kit have a nice assortment of after market PE, decals, and resin available for them I suspect this will be well supported as well.

I bet you sci-fi junkies will be flippin' over this. That'll be fun to see at the shows that's for sure. Thanks Paul. (y)

I'm thinking that maybe the next one will be the Reliant (finally).

Of course if you want the TOS D-7 version, just sand off all the surface detail and make it real plain. Then there were some Romulan versions as well.

One last tidbit, kit release is
quote.gif
supposedly
quote.gif
going to be around September. We all know how accurate that probably is.
rolling-eyes.gif

Back