• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 1/35 Grille 30 30.5cm L/16 Morser 'Bär'

Tony lee

Master at Arms

You can find an in box review here:
https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tru/kit_tru_9535.shtml

I'll be building the kit so we'll see how we compare eye to eye.
As soon as it arrives on the porch from New York i'll get started on it so stick around if you like.
This was on the drawing board:

SPGs Forever
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

:popcorn

I'll have to find the thread Tony but I'm curious if this rig was comparable to the other "big spg" you built a year or so ago. I forget the name of it but I think you completed it with it partly in a red primer finish. Had a similar look/outline.

Pardon my ignorance!

:popcorn

I'll have to find the thread Tony but I'm curious if this rig was comparable to the other "big spg" you built a year or so ago. I forget the name of it but I think you completed it with it partly in a red primer finish. Had a similar look/outline.

Pardon my ignorance!

Found it! the Geschutzwagen Tiger (Grille 17) by Trumpeter!

That's the one Saul:

I never built this one:

The Grille 30 never got off the drawing board because the Sturmtiger was approved first,it would take less time to place in production.

The Grille 30 would be able to place a 700lb projectile on target from 10 miles away where as the Sturmtiger had to get a lot closer.

The Eagle landed at my house today so lets get started.

Step #!
Preps the lower hull and not the wheels,they come in #3.

ha68c705.JPG

As you can see the instructions are very easy to follow with only 307 parts provided.

To manage the recoil there's a recoil dampener pad that can be lower when in the firing position
Other than the simple gun mount and breech there's nothing else to install in there so you can install
the upper hull after the rear hull plate is placed.

h823d4f9.JPG

hd24545f.JPG

That's all for tonight but there will be much more tomorrow folks
Have a GOOD one

Update
Steps #2,3,4,5

So far there's been minor clean up or flash and the fit is beyond belief,just about perfect. :good:

hada2f42.JPG

heed30ba.JPG

h9defc08.JPG

Now for all the exterior parts

Later Folks

Beautiful fit but still ugly!

:pp

Great to see it built rather than gathering dust in my place though...
(y)

Regards,

FINI Update

Finished the build review about 6pm this evening,an experience builder could knock this one out within a 16hr day with short breaks it was that clean and the excellent fit.
It says for intermediate builders but a new comer would be happy with it if they wanted to do something other than a Tamiya kit.
The instruction were well laid out and easy to follow plus all the part number jived. :good:

CONS:
NO tools,exhaust ports/pipes,rubber band tracks are ok but but just not my cup of tea.
I would still rate this one from Trumpeter at about 87.5 even with it's short coming.

I want to see a build review for the Amusing Hobby Grille 30 before I think of painting this one.

hf204c9f.JPG

h6aff46b.JPG

hc306798.JPG

ha47f69a.JPG

he6a4401.JPG

h9f2a7d0.JPG

Thanks to Saul Garcia and Megahobby for the sample kit.
I did enjoy building this unusual never to see daylight Mortar by Trumpeter.

"Do you plan on getting the Amusing Hobby as well?"

I've been thinking about it Saul. I know a guy that has ordered one and plans to blog it i'm waiting to check it out.
I do know it has the things the Trumpeter is missing and indy tracks,not sure about the quality.

Back