• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: MiniArt's Wine Bottles & Crates

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Excellent artwork by Vladimir Booth:
MA35571a.jpg

The rear serves as instructions:
MA35571b.jpg

There are a dozen sprues of which each creates one crate.
MA3571SprueA.jpg

There are half a dozen of clear green and clear brown sprues. The mold is identical.
MA3571SprueAl.jpg

A decal sheet provides for 182 of the 192 labels needed for the bottles (192 bottles in total) and 12 crates.
MA3571SpruexDecals.jpg

Some detail images...
MA3571SpruexDetails01.jpg

Note the pips on the bottom edge of the parts on the right side are the locators to glue the crate sides t the bottom.
MA3571SpruexDetails02.jpg

MA3571SpruexDetails03.jpg

MA3571SpruexDetails04.jpg

I am awaiting new sets for milk, champagne, and cognac!

I believe I have this decal sheet from Archer Fine Transfers to make up for the bottles without labels:
AR35314.gif

Regards,

I see bubbles - this is disappointing.

Since there are so many bottles, more than needed to fill the crates, I have no issue (unlike the other set). I can cover some of the bubbled areas with labels, or 'break' the bottle and use the bubble to help me hollow it out. Also, why not stick the ones with bubbles inside the crate and surround it with good bottles, hard to tell if anyone will notice since the crate wouldn't be the center of attention in a scene. The bottle might though and there are plenty of perfectly molded ones to use.

A bigger puzzle is how to paint them so they look like there is some red wine in the bottles...

Regards,

I see bubbles - this is disappointing.

Since there are so many bottles, more than needed to fill the crates, I have no issue (unlike the other set). I can cover some of the bubbled areas with labels, or 'break' the bottle and use the bubble to help me hollow it out. Also, why not stick the ones with bubbles inside the crate and surround it with good bottles, hard to tell if anyone will notice since the crate wouldn't be the center of attention in a scene. The bottle might though and there are plenty of perfectly molded ones to use.

A bigger puzzle is how to paint them so they look like there is some red wine in the bottles...

Regards,

Back when I was building my Macquis diorama with the Monroe Perdu Well, I tinted some Future the desired color using food coloring and then dipped the bottle into it and it came out pretty well. I imagine that or some tinted with ink would suffice...

I tinted some Future the desired color using food coloring and then dipped the bottle into it and it came out pretty well. I imagine that or some tinted with ink would suffice...

Thank you,

I was,as usual, over thinking it. I thought, and may still try, drilling the bottle open from the bottom, then inserting colored clear sprue (from the same runner as the bottle) so that it had the effect the liquid was inside and also allow me to represent a tilted bottle.

Regards,

Back