• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 2017

The next new release announcement for next year, a Supermarine Walrus in 1/48.

Workbench

Walrus-1.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Now that's one I would buy, I avoided the Classic Airframes kit because I never heard anything good about it.

Ya know, I could have sworn that they were going to offer that version of the HE-11 that packed a torpedo. Cannot seem to see it on the site now?

The ME-262A could have been a game changer during WW2 had that aircraft been out into service earlier. I've read that service introduction was delayed considerably by Hitler's orders for it to be able to carry bombs. True?

The 1/48 Walrus will be great for those who want something better than the 1/48 Smer kit which was probable a rebox of yet another older kit.

Cheers

The ME-262A could have been a game changer during WW2 had that aircraft been out into service earlier. I've read that service introduction was delayed considerably by Hitler's orders for it to be able to carry bombs. True?

The 1/48 Walrus will be great for those who want something better than the 1/48 Smer kit which was probable a rebox of yet another older kit.

Cheers

The Me 262A-1a fighter went into production in May 1944. Hilter's Fuhrer-Befehl in July 1944 to produce a high-speed bomber (Me 262A-2a) did slow fighter production but the order was rescinded in November 1944 with the fighter version able to carry 250 kg bombs.

The bigger delay was caused by the shortage of strategic materials and the impact on engine development and production. The early development engines were built with out limits placed on the materials used and achieved a 150 hr life span during flight tests. For production, the engines were redesigned to use simpler metals (steel and aluminium) and limiting the use of titanium, nickel, cobalt and magnesium alloys that could better withstand the temperatures of jet engines. The redesign and testing of the series engine delayed full scale production until early 1944. The operational life span of those built with the lower quality metals averaged 25 hrs with overhauls every 10 hrs.

Cheers,
Rich

Fantastic news unless you're one of those folks that's been hoarding the Fujimi kit, eh ??

Interesting that they've released yhe FG1 first, same as Hasegawa and Fujimi did back in the day...

Ian.

Back